06-18-13, 10:53 AM   #1
skidz8426
A Murloc Raider
Dungon Finder button missing

so I have the carbinite mini map active but the little button that lets me teleport in and out of dungons dissipars with it. plus all the other buttons around the mini map are gone also. I sure I just can't find the check box to turn this on but. thanks in advance

06-18-13, 12:26 PM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
It's probably minimized, hold shift and click on the 'C'.

06-18-13, 05:08 PM   #3
skidz8426
A Murloc Raider
more then that

yeah so carbonite menu wont even come up I think it's out of date so I'm going to have to find a new substitue thanks for you help tho

06-18-13, 05:20 PM   #4
skidz8426
A Murloc Raider
ok so I deleted carb then reinstaled it and my other buttons came back like the clock and mail icon that are suppose to be around there but not the dungon button lol crazy but it's not minimized I didn't know about that but it's nice I just don't know how to delete some of those buttons or add them

06-18-13, 05:24 PM   #5
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by skidz8426 View Post
yeah so carbonite menu wont even come up I think it's out of date so I'm going to have to find a new substitue thanks for you help tho
Have you tried updating?

How are you updating?

Are you getting any errors?

Have you tried disabling all your other addons? Does this fix it?

Have you "hard reset" Carbonite?

I have more questions, but if you could answer those we can begin to help...

06-18-13, 05:26 PM   #6
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

ok so I deleted carb then reinstaled it and my other buttons came back like the clock and mail icon that are suppose to be around there but not the dungon button lol crazy but it's not minimized I didn't know about that but it's nice I just don't know how to delete some of those buttons or add them
Those buttons on that bar are your addon buttons, they usually appear around your minimap (without carb)

06-18-13, 05:54 PM   #7
skidz8426
A Murloc Raider
yes and I usually have a little dungon icon on my minimap w/o carb. minimap enabled but it's gone with carbonite minimap

I'll try to do what you asked now

06-18-13, 06:08 PM   #8
skidz8426
A Murloc Raider
ok so yes carbonite is as updated as possible although wow says it's out of date curse says it is tho.

I'm updating it threw curse.

I disabled everything but carbonite and problem consists.

swatter addon which is a debugger says there's a problem with carbonite some global nx map

I've uninstalled carbonite I would think this was a reset enough

and it's not minimized I can see the other buttons that go with it.

maybe an easier solution would be a different addon of the same sort if you know of any. other wise idk

o when I reload ui the release spirit button comes up and I'm not dead and I dont die when I push the button. hmmm ??? weird

06-19-13, 08:03 AM   #9
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

ok so yes carbonite is as updated as possible although wow says it's out of date curse says it is tho.

I'm updating it threw curse.

I disabled everything but carbonite and problem consists.

swatter addon which is a debugger says there's a problem with carbonite some global nx map

I've uninstalled carbonite I would think this was a reset enough

and it's not minimized I can see the other buttons that go with it.

maybe an easier solution would be a different addon of the same sort if you know of any. other wise idk

o when I reload ui the release spirit button comes up and I'm not dead and I dont die when I push the button. hmmm ??? weird
OK, that's a brilliant start..
From the wording in your post I take it you are on the release of version of Carbonite...

Rythal has stated somewhere that he is not going to continue developing the release version, as the beta is basically Carbonite 2.
It might be a good idea to try the beta as I think it will solve most of your problems..
You can get it here:~ http://www.wowinterface.com/download...TAVERSION.html

to install it, delete any folder that has "carbonite" on it from your interface/addons directory, then unzip the download to the interface/addons directory... Simple

You can perform a "hard reset" of carbonite by going to World of Warcraft\WTF\Account and in the search box, top right, put carbonite.lua and deleting/backing up all the files there..
There should be 1 file for every toon you have.
Then search for carbonite.lua.bak and do the same.

As for another addon that does the same... There isn't one that does what carb does.. Not that I know of..
there are, however many addons that do individual parts of carbonite e.g The Warehouse module can be substituted with altoholic.. BUT that's up to you... I don't know of any addon that does the zoomy "Google" maps.

The reason I asked how you was updating is because there is a program out there (that I wont mention) that steals addons from official sites and distributes it via nefarious means, ensuring the developers never see a penny of the revenue that is earned via adverts.. I have an issue with this and would have advised you to use the official sites and programs..

The "release spirit" popup you get when you /reload is not a problem with Carb... It's actually a MOP bug and it is listed in the known bugs on the official WoW website.

Best advice is, try the beta and let us know if it helps..

Last edited by JimJoBlue : 06-19-13 at 08:13 AM.

06-19-13, 08:47 AM   #10
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
If you want to use curse client you can get the alpha through that aswell just by right clicking on carbonite inside it and selecting prefered release type of Alpha.

06-19-13, 10:10 AM   #11
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

Lol, I think I'm going to start calling it Carbonite 2....

06-19-13, 10:28 AM   #12
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
it's getting close.. notes and nodes are all that's left that I can think of. Redoing localization is also a high priority, but that can wait until Carb2 is out, the current localization works until then.

If only wrathion wasn't consuming my time by leaving my poor rogue a bloody corpse on the ground anytime I try to fight him lol

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Dungon Finder button missing