01-26-11, 03:51 AM   #1
Miaxi
A Murloc Raider
tooltip does not show (8.0.13)

Hello,

since my update to the last revision (8.0.13) my game tooltip won't show. Is there any way to fix that?

Also, is there a way to make raid frames only show when I am in a group apart from changing the desktops?

Thanks in advance.
01-26-11, 09:17 AM   #2
Cidan
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Go to Settings->RDX Settings, and Disable GameTooltip in RDX. Reload your UI and you're solid. (This will be disabled by default in the next version.)

And no, there is no way to do that. That's kinda the point of automatic desktop switching, xD
01-26-11, 09:23 AM   #3
Cidan
A Cliff Giant
I have switched the logic of the "Disable GameTooltip" to "Enable GameTooltip" in settings; by default, it will now be unchecked (disabled), and you must manually check it to enable it. So uh, never mind what I said. Un-check the box, and get the newest version, xD
01-26-11, 10:43 AM   #4
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
The gametooltip on unit :
Open the window WoWRDX:MouseOver (or something like that)

This window replace the gametooltip on unit. And you can entirely customize it like a unitframe.

01-26-11, 12:11 PM   #5
Cidan
A Cliff Giant
Which is cool as hell!
01-26-11, 07:39 PM   #6
Miaxi
A Murloc Raider
Well, I don't like it for my purposes.

It does not display quest info, player zone or monster hostility at all and I can't figure out how to display whether a monster is tapped or my threat level on it.

Thanks for the info, but I prefer my custom tooltip.

I don't use automatic switching since I need certain desktop elements for certain characters or situations only, which have nothing to do with the type of instance or group I am in. For example holy power or the eclipse bar for paladin/druid. Different mouse bindings on the unit frames, like remove corruption and ardent defender. Sometimes I need to pay close attention to the dispell frame, so I have a setup where it is placed in a prominent position. And so on.

It just would be nice to have the option on a window to only show when in a specific group type.

Last edited by Miaxi : 01-26-11 at 07:52 PM.
01-27-11, 02:05 AM   #7
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
Well, I don't like it for my purposes.

It does not display quest info, player zone or monster hostility at all and I can't figure out how to display whether a monster is tapped or my threat level on it.

Thanks for the info, but I prefer my custom tooltip.
The window MouseOver is just a design example. You can add all these informations, click on edit design.

I don't use automatic switching since I need certain desktop elements for certain characters or situations only, which have nothing to do with the type of instance or group I am in. For example holy power or the eclipse bar for paladin/druid. Different mouse bindings on the unit frames, like remove corruption and ardent defender. Sometimes I need to pay close attention to the dispell frame, so I have a setup where it is placed in a prominent position. And so on.

It just would be nice to have the option on a window to only show when in a specific group type.
Not possible.

Sorry
01-27-11, 02:35 AM   #8
unlimit
Lookin' Good

What he means is, certain addons already change his tooltip slightly. RDX isn't compatible like most major tooltip addons are, such as TinyTip, and stuff.

For instance, an addon such as QuestHelper will dynamically update your tooltip based on what quest you're currently doing, what mob you're hovering over, etc.

kúdan: im playing pantheon
JRCapablanca: no youre not
** Pantheon has been Banned. **

Last edited by unlimit : 01-27-11 at 02:38 AM.
01-27-11, 03:13 AM   #9
Miaxi
A Murloc Raider
Quest info is part of the default UI now, it has nothing to do with QuestHelper anymore. Check this screenshot without any addons enabled: http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/580...2711095531.jpg .

Anyway, I am not arguing. Just wanted to know how to disable a feature that I don't like.

RDX is great, thank you for keeping it alive and adding new features.
01-27-11, 07:50 AM   #10
Brainn
A Frostmaul Preserver
Originally Posted by sigg View Post
Not possible.

Sorry
some of the things in that quote-block should be possible i think ?
f.ex. eclipse/holy power only for classes that actually use those power-types: move the bars to a subframe and show/hide it based on a unit-in-set filter ?
different mous-bindings on a window by class or by spec should be possible with symlink objects ?
02-02-11, 03:17 PM   #11
strikerboy414
A Cliff Giant

Just upgraded to 8.0.13 from 8.0.12 and I have a similar concern.

8.0.13 does not show tooltip for mouseover players/units ... it only shows for mouseover actionbar things. Is this intended?

I know there is WoWRDX:MouseOver_main for displaying mouseover units, but I don't like this. I was happy with 8.0.12... a movable default blizzard tooltip.
02-03-11, 11:24 AM   #12
strikerboy414
A Cliff Giant

Bump - any update on this? Am I missing some obvious fix?
02-03-11, 06:50 PM   #13
Cidan
A Cliff Giant
Uhm. Already answered. Scroll up, xD
02-03-11, 10:31 PM   #14
strikerboy414
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Cidan View Post
Uhm. Already answered. Scroll up, xD
I've read through everything. Forgive me if I'm missing this... I'm not using any tooltip addons. I understand the mouseover unitframe can be completely customizable, but does it have to replace the gametooltip on unit? They can't both coexist?
02-03-11, 11:04 PM   #15
unlimit
Lookin' Good

Originally Posted by strikerboy414 View Post
I've read through everything. Forgive me if I'm missing this... I'm not using any tooltip addons. I understand the mouseover unitframe can be completely customizable, but does it have to replace the gametooltip on unit? They can't both coexist?
That's a very good point.

With the current system, you have the option for RDX or you have the option for a third party addon, instead of just default blizzard, it seems.

kúdan: im playing pantheon
JRCapablanca: no youre not
** Pantheon has been Banned. **
02-04-11, 02:05 AM   #16
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
I will move all the options of tooltip inside the panel Blizzard Disabme manager :
A option to let RDX manage the position of the gametooltip.
A option to let RDX manage gametooltip user type.

Cheers
Sigg
03-16-11, 03:13 PM   #17
qwertyui
An Aku'mai Servant
Not to be a thread necromancer, but i have further tooltip troubles.

Basically, i made some raid frames in RDX, and currently i don't get any tooltips in these frames on mouseover. I don't get tooltips for mouse overed PCs (though i can click em to select em and mousecast on them), and - which is actually worse for me - i don't get tooltips for buffs and debuffs if they are positioned over the raid frame hot spot. Out of raid frame hot spot they get the tooltips just fine though.

How do i make these tooltips appear? Especially the buff tooltips.
03-17-11, 03:08 AM   #18
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
Edit your design, select the feature "Base frame" and uncheck the box "auto create hotspot primary"

Add a hotspot feature and do not make your hotspot on the top of your buffs.

See the raid frames of Olok AUI as a example.

Cheers
Sigg

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » tooltip does not show (8.0.13)