08-14-10, 06:06 PM   #1
Kyzzy
A Fallenroot Satyr
Exclamation Minimap, detail fades out, in caves.

I use carbonite all the time and am very comfortable with about all the settings. Am a bit of a techie (write in VB and C for fun) and love the feel of the interface.
When I enter a cave or cavern and have the minimap either full size or docked, makes no difference, the layout of the cave is initially visible, but then fades out to grey.
I have to roll my curser over the minimap (zoom +/-) to restore it, and as soon as I move again, it fades out.

Now, I have probably missed something simple as I am not yet perfect!

if anyone can point me to a solution, please share.

Many Thanks
KS

08-15-10, 01:04 AM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Just a guess, but you might want to fiddle with the transparancy settings, particularly the mouseover ones. Sounds to me like the transparancy fades when not mousing over the map.

You can find transparancy options by right clicking the Carbonite map.

08-15-10, 03:51 AM   #3
Kyzzy
A Fallenroot Satyr
Unhappy

Hi Jigain.

Hmm, I have certainly tried to alter the transparency, and the delay.

The minimap holds the image as I wander through an instance and it appears to work ok (but not in Caves and mineshafts type of thing at ground level). When I have played with the transparency, it has affected the minimap in instances as well, somewhat detrimentally.

However, I will again explore the transparency settings and come back here with my results.

Apart from this issue, I think Carbonite has so many 'plus' features, it makes it a joy to use.

KS

08-15-10, 05:46 AM   #4
Kyzzy
A Fallenroot Satyr
Red face Minimap Transparency. . .

Hi Again.

We have two sets of Transparency, 'Transparency' and 'Minimap Transparency', just to be sure we are on the same page, as it were.

I first found a cave, and then set minimap to 'Full Scale' using the check mark.

Then selected menu items 'Minimap' --> 'Transparency'.

Set Docked Transparency to Max (1.0) and it seems to solve it, but...

Now, when out of the cave in normal mode, and with 'minimap full scale' set to 'off', I have a low detail map, with a high detail center and the observation circle obvious.

Before, I simply had high detail for the map all over and had to scroll out to reveal low detail.

I guess its in the settings, gain some benefit, lose some, at the same time.

Like all things, this is going to be a compromise, 'detail' or 'minimap detail', but not both.

Will keep messing with it until I find a better solution.

KS

08-16-10, 02:21 PM   #5
Kyzzy
A Fallenroot Satyr
Minimap issue: Resolved.

Got it. Transparency sliders is the problem, or solution. Careful balancing and trying and trying seemed to find an acceptable and workable result. Just had to keep trying.

Thanks all who reponded.

Great Product.

KS

Last edited by Kyzzy : 08-16-10 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Correcting invisible spelling errors

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Minimap, detail fades out, in caves.