09-05-16, 03:13 PM   #1
dankone
A Defias Bandit
Removing/Replacing the "-RealmName" on the new nameplates

I'd like to start by saying hello and well met to all you beautiful Wow Interface users!
Now, my request is simple. I'd do this myself, but I am a stranger to lua coding, so I can only fail miserably.

As someone who does a lot of PvP, I find it quite irritating to see 10+ enemy player nameplates, all with their realms attached to them, making the whole "simple style" of the new legion nameplates completely go to waste in my eyes.

I would like the "-RealmName" on the enemy player nameplates to be replaced with "(*)" just as it was before Legion, or if that is impossible, I would like it completely removed, just like it is in TidyPlates (the reason I don't use TidyPlates is that for some reason it makes my client very vulnerable to crashes, and also because personal preference I guess).

So if any of you kind souls would help me by making this, what I believe to be a simple addon, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance, hope to hear from some of you soon
09-05-16, 09:03 PM   #2
thomasjohnshannon
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have an addon called nPlates that can do this (and more) or you can download this addon that I made just for you.
09-05-16, 10:06 PM   #3
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This snippet (turn it into an addon with http://addon.bool.no/) or thomasjohnshannon's addon should be what you want
https://github.com/Gethe/wow-ui-sour...Frame.lua#L503
Lua Code:
  1. hooksecurefunc("CompactUnitFrame_UpdateName", function(frame)
  2.     if ShouldShowName(frame) then
  3.         if frame.optionTable.colorNameBySelection then
  4.             frame.name:SetText(GetUnitName(frame.unit))
  5.         end
  6.     end
  7. end)
NameplateColors is also doing this, but probably any nameplate addon will do that

Last edited by Ketho : 09-07-16 at 08:05 AM.
09-06-16, 06:45 AM   #4
dankone
A Defias Bandit
Words cannot express how thankful I am, to both of you! Helped me out a ton! Thank you and keep up your good work! Cheers!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Removing/Replacing the "-RealmName" on the new nameplates