11-20-10, 07:44 AM   #1
Alyssha
A Defias Bandit
The original wow map

Hey. I downloaded carbonite yesterday, but then I lost my original map. I want both of them (the carbonite minimap and the normal map). How do I get back that little original map in the right corner??

11-20-10, 11:39 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You want to separate the Blizzard Minimap from the Carbonite Minimized map. Minimized map because the "big" map and the "little" map are the same one, just mini- and maxi- mized like windows on your computer.

Open your Carbonite Options (type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu) and then the "Map Minimap" page. UNcheck the first option on the page (Move minimap into Carbonite map (reload required)), reload the UI when prompted, and you should be good to go.

11-20-10, 07:23 PM   #3
Alyssha
A Defias Bandit
It worked Thank you so much!

11-21-10, 02:47 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Just FYI: While the Carbonite minimized map and Blizzard minimap are merged, you can press the "ctrl" button to see the Blizz map inside the Carbonite map.

11-23-10, 03:14 AM   #5
Nensec
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
You could also hit alt-m to popup the original wow map while still being able to use the awesome carbonite map by default

11-23-10, 09:55 AM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Nensec View Post
You could also hit alt-m to popup the original wow map while still being able to use the awesome carbonite map by default
Hitting "alt + M" will get you the Blizzard World Map (the big one), not
that little original map in the right corner
which would be Blizzards' default Minimap (and the one the OP wanted to get back), usually found in the upper right corner of the screen.

Good post, though, as some Carbonite users may not know about that. Thanks.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 11-23-10 at 09:58 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » The original wow map