04-03-09, 03:20 AM   #1
Solgath
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Carbonite + cartographer

i use both cartographer and carbonite, and for some reason, whenever i view an instance map in cartographer, it keeps flicking back to the zone i'm in rather than stay on the instance map, and its something in carbonite thats doing it, and i can't figure out what(i tested it by disabling carbonite, map works fine with carbonite off) any help with this would be great, thanks in advance.

04-14-09, 12:25 AM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The map zone selection is a global game setting. That setting will determine some of the zone data an addon can get from the game. Carbonite tries to set it as little possible, but sometimes it must be set for the map to work, which then changes it in Cartographer, since it is a shared setting.

09-21-09, 03:14 PM   #3
Meraxes
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
The map zone selection is a global game setting. That setting will determine some of the zone data an addon can get from the game. Carbonite tries to set it as little possible, but sometimes it must be set for the map to work, which then changes it in Cartographer, since it is a shared setting.
Sorry this is an old bug report I'm replying to but since I just started using Carbonite I realized THIS is the same problem I'm having.. it's making using Cartographer quite useless for me as the only thing I use it for is the instance features.

Is there some way to correct this? or another Instance mapping system that is compatible with Carbonite? The features I like are being able to see the entire instance at once, and being able to click on bosses, to pull up their info/loot/etc..

I have a feeling that it's just one of those 'incompatibilities' that won't ever get fixed by blizzard, but I figure it can't hurt to double check.

09-22-09, 05:32 PM   #4
Chmee
A Molten Giant
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=27347

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite + cartographer