03-07-12, 10:41 AM   #1
bwhansen
A Fallenroot Satyr

Premium Member
Help with annoyances

There are a few annoyances that are about to drive me away from using nUI which I have used for a long time. Before that happens I've decided to post here to see if something can be done or if there a chance for an updated version reasonably soon.

1 - On the right side info panel, any changes I make to the combat log revert to default. I no longer even want to have my combat log displayed full time and would rather it display information (ie. exp, rep, currency, etc). I've tried a couple of the addons (whisper, etc) and they also revert to default.

2 - I like the console on mouseover, but it has a tendency to bounce up and down multiple times for unknown reasons even when I dont mouseover it. I havent been able to really pinpoint what actions cause this.

3 - The bottom area seems to have gotten to big for my tastes. I remember reading a post a long time ago that this would be scalable in nUI6 (at least I think I read that). The standard Blizzard UI scale slider doesnt really reduce it that much.

Are there simple fixes to the first two problems? I understand that the third thing I listed is not something that will change with nUI5.

03-07-12, 03:07 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I can't answer on all of them but I'll do what I can ..

1. If you want a customizable chat window on the right that keeps its settings my Chat plugin should do that for you .. Whispers and Guild will always default to just displaying guild and whisper only messages. I am still seeing some glitches with how the chat window is created but I believe I have made a note somewhere either on the addon page or on one of the threads about it to work around the glitch until I can figure out why it happens. As to the combat log, I would assume that nUI keeps whatever settings the combat log has had done to it but Scott should be able to confirm that himself.

2. Hmm, don't recall if I've seen this at all or just ignored it assuming its something I've done but will try and look out for it myself.

3. I usually have my UI scale set to the minimum of 60% I believe and then I reload the UI to make sure it resets. The game doesn't do it properly if at all automatically and you have to do it yourself.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_030712_210205.jpg
Views:	627
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	6803  

03-07-12, 03:57 PM   #3
bwhansen
A Fallenroot Satyr

Premium Member
Thanks for the response.

I looked at that addon and since it hadnt been updated after July and the others had I was concerned that it didnt work anymore. I will have to give it a try.

03-07-12, 04:34 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Nah, just not got round to the ToC change. I have all my plugins running when I play just in case they have problems when patches hit, and for the most part because I find them useful myself

Apart from it sometimes not releasing the window when you log out so it can be reused as necessary it works fine. Just make your changes and they should stick. Let me know if something goes wrong as I'm in the situation to fix it over the next couple of days before I disappear off for some non wow time.

Last edited by Xrystal : 03-07-12 at 04:38 PM.

03-09-12, 10:17 AM   #5
bwhansen
A Fallenroot Satyr

Premium Member
I got a chance to use the Chat plugin and it does exactly what I wanted. Thank you for letting me know that it would still work.

Now if I could just get the console to stop bouncing up and down when on mouseover.

03-09-12, 12:52 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Glad to hear. If you see anything unusual or have ideas on improving it feel free to post a note on the addon page and I'll see what I can do.

03-10-12, 09:03 PM   #7
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Are you using a toolbar addon like Titan?

Originally Posted by bwhansen View Post
I got a chance to use the Chat plugin and it does exactly what I wanted. Thank you for letting me know that it would still work.

Now if I could just get the console to stop bouncing up and down when on mouseover.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Help with annoyances