01-30-10, 12:55 PM   #1
xen84
A Defias Bandit
Unhappy It's ALL broken

Since installing WoW on my new (well, new OS) machine, nUI+ won't work. When loading nUI and nothing else, it starts throwing so many errors continuously that WoW actually pops up a dialog box offering to disable it for me. On top of that, most of its components aren't showing up. I don't know what to do.

Machine:
Windows 7 Professional x64
Intel Core2Quad Q8300
Asus P5Q3 mainboard
8GB DDR3

Any thoughts?

Edit: more info...

nUI worked flawlessly only a few days prior on the exact same machine when it was running Windows Vista Home Premium x64. It also works flawlessly on my netbook which runs Windows 7 Home premium x86.

Edit again:
My issue is similar to the one this guy has, only I'm logging into an existing character, and it's still happening. Trying it on a new toon does not work. Neither does using the /nui rl command.

Edit once more:
I've also noticed tons of error codes being thrown for pretty much every other mod I use when I logged in with my usual mods enabled, including auctioneer.

As per some other advice I found online, I made sure that WoW was in C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft, which IIRC the install for WotLK did automatically. I also made sure UAC was fully disabled (it was, that thing annoys me), and tried setting both launcher.exe and wow.exe to run as Administrator. Nothing helped.

Last edited by xen84 : 01-30-10 at 01:25 PM.

01-30-10, 01:29 PM   #2
xen84
A Defias Bandit
Disregard for the time being. I seem to have gotten it working somehow.

Edit: Disregard my request to disregard. nUI and some mods will work, but when I enable it and either Omen, Auctioneer, or Mounted at the same time, it breaks. These mods worked fine with nUI before my reinstall, as I haven't changed the stable of mods I use in a long time.

Last edited by xen84 : 01-30-10 at 01:34 PM.

01-30-10, 02:18 PM   #3
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Did you install the nUI_InfoPanel_Stats or nUI_InfoPanel_DualStats plugins? If so, then you should only install one or the other and you must have both Omen and Recount installed and enabled to use either of those.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

01-30-10, 06:45 PM   #4
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by xen84 View Post
Disregard for the time being. I seem to have gotten it working somehow.

Edit: Disregard my request to disregard. nUI and some mods will work, but when I enable it and either Omen, Auctioneer, or Mounted at the same time, it breaks. These mods worked fine with nUI before my reinstall, as I haven't changed the stable of mods I use in a long time.
Xen - 2 things.

1) can you post up a screenshot or two of what you are seeing that is wrong?
2) So you have User Account Control enabled or disabled?

Marth

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » It's ALL broken