12-11-16, 04:57 AM   #1
Namir
A Murloc Raider
Use effect spell ids and their respective item ids

I am using heavily customized Weakauras to track various buffs, cooldowns etc. and I have been changing those to support items as well. It turned out that I need many redundant information to handle items and their cooldowns. Here is an example:

In order to track the buff and cooldown as well as whether the item is usable for Gnawed Thumb Ring I have to store the name of the buff Taste of Mana, its spell id (since it it not in the spellbook) and the item id of the ring. Even though it is possible to get the spell name using GetItemSpell this does not return a spell id and so far it seems as if there is no function whatsoever that either returns the spell id for a given item id or the other way round.

What bugs me is that I want to enter as few details/ids/names as possible to "register" an aura for an item hence my attempt to deduce ids from other ids and names. My question is now whether there are really no simplifications for that at all. Or maybe other libraries that have tables for that?

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Use effect spell ids and their respective item ids