11-14-09, 04:54 AM   #1
ApoY2k
A Defias Bandit

Add Button to Calendar

Hi there,

I'm quite new to Addon/XML/Lua-Development. I read almost all tutorials out there on Addon-creation and found it so interesting I developed an idea for an Addon that is now quite in shape (the idea ;-) ).

Still, nothing is written yet as I found one thing quite disturbing: Every tutorial describes how you can create your own Addon-frame (which is quite useful, now questions asked), but I want to enhance the Calendar with an additional button!

I tried using CreateFrame() with the parentframe as "CalendarViewEventDetail" but didn't make the trick.

I know you guys may have better things to do than explaining a newbie how to such a freaking easy thing, but my google-skills didn't get me an answer, so... probably one of you might help me with a little hint that I can start writing the addon.

Thanks in advance
11-14-09, 06:43 AM   #2
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What is the button supposed to do? What have you tried so far?
11-14-09, 07:52 AM   #3
ApoY2k
A Defias Bandit

Well I tried it over the xml of my addon, to create a frame and a button that has it's parent set to CalendarViewEventDetail, didn't do the trick, so I tried creating the button via the CreateFrame("Button",...) method on the event of CALENDAR_OPEN_EVENT. Didn't do it either.

So I revised that and started to create other things of my addon first... Which leads me to another question: I was able to create a nice frame, hide/show, draggable, resizeable and everything, but; how can I write text via LUA into that frame?!

Still, the thing with the button appears to be optional by what I designed my addon so far, still it would a nice hint as this knowledge is never given in any tutorial so far ;-(

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Add Button to Calendar