07-25-09, 10:57 AM   #1
havoxx
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Heh, nui clones out there...

So I was looking through the other UI's, and it's amazing how many nUI clones there are, so many addons that copy the same exact style , it's pretty cool that this UI has gotten so popular .

07-25-09, 11:04 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by havoxx View Post
So I was looking through the other UI's, and it's amazing how many nUI clones there are, so many addons that copy the same exact style , it's pretty cool that this UI has gotten so popular .
That was the whole reason I chose nUI in the first place as the layout was almost exactly what I was trying to achieve but couldn't manage it with the addons out there.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

07-25-09, 01:28 PM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I don't get it... why bother with a clone when you can have the real thing?

/walks off singing "ain't nuthin like the real thing baby..."

07-25-09, 03:47 PM   #4
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Keep in mind also that the "clones" out there are all to the most extent, compilations as opposed to nUI's stand alone. Even a fairly high quality one like Spartan UI is not completely stand alone as it makes use of (I think) Bartender and several other addons. NOBODY has ever accomplished what Scott has done with nUI. A COMPLETELY stand alone product. Sure, everyone (including myself) seasons to taste with different things like Bagnon, Carbonite etc., but those are things I want, not things I absolutely need to make the basic functions of WoW easier.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

07-25-09, 07:23 PM   #5
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
Keep in mind also that the "clones" out there are all to the most extent, compilations as opposed to nUI's stand alone. Even a fairly high quality one like Spartan UI is not completely stand alone as it makes use of (I think) Bartender and several other addons. NOBODY has ever accomplished what Scott has done with nUI. A COMPLETELY stand alone product. Sure, everyone (including myself) seasons to taste with different things like Bagnon, Carbonite etc., but those are things I want, not things I absolutely need to make the basic functions of WoW easier.

What he said! ^^

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Customizing Layouts » Heh, nui clones out there...