08-07-07, 09:32 AM   #1
LiquidGroove
A Defias Bandit
New to UI building - Questions

I did a quick search to try to find what I’m looking for; but, to no avail. I just have a couple of questions that I’d like answered. If anyone can help, I’d greatly appreciate it.

1. What add-on will allow me to add a bottom “bar” graphic for containers, etc. I want to draw an area as a TGA file, have it show up, and then move all my windows down into it. Is there a tutorial on what to use and what add-ons support it?

2.I use Bongos right now to move all my windows around and for my button bars. I really like the look of the Trinity Circle place holders for buttons. Does Trinity work with Bongos so I can place anything anywhere and have those button shapes as well?

Thanks for reading this. I’m new to the whole creating a custom UI aspect; as, I always tried to use compilations made by others. I just would like to make my own one now.
08-07-07, 09:54 AM   #2
JRCC
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

1. What add-on will allow me to add a bottom “bar” graphic for containers, etc. I want to draw an area as a TGA file, have it show up, and then move all my windows down into it. Is there a tutorial on what to use and what add-ons support it?

Eepanels I think is what your refering to.

2.I use Bongos right now to move all my windows around and for my button bars. I really like the look of the Trinity Circle place holders for buttons. Does Trinity work with Bongos so I can place anything anywhere and have those button shapes as well?

you can still use bongos 2 but install this addon CyCircled to change the skin of the buttons.

hope this helps
08-07-07, 10:11 AM   #3
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Instead of a big black panel, which blocks viewing space, you could use a viewport to move the rendered game area up. I would suggest CT_ViewPort or Aperture.

And just use cyCircled with Bongos to make the buttons round.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
08-07-07, 10:57 AM   #4
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by LiquidGroove
Bongos and Trinity are both bar mods, so you would use one or the other. Both are great. Bongos is nice and easy, but Trinity has more robust features.

08-07-07, 11:34 AM   #5
LiquidGroove
A Defias Bandit
Thanks to all of you for the answers! What a great community. I'll look into it now. Thanks again.
08-07-07, 09:21 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Dreadlorde
Instead of a big black panel, which blocks viewing space, you could use a viewport to move the rendered game area up. I would suggest CT_ViewPort or Aperture.

And just use cyCircled with Bongos to make the buttons round.
or you could make your eePanel more transparent or smaller than the whole width of the screen.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Tutorials & Other Helpful Info. » New to UI building - Questions