03-17-09, 10:19 PM   #1
OrcD3vil
A Murloc Raider
Omen/Recount Plugin

I've been doing alot of raiding with my guild lately and it seems to be everytime we go through OS/VOA/Maly/Naxx when I ask the Raid Leader or someone else to show me their recount to see where I was in DPS compared to why mine says, and well its a big diffrence. On mine it will say I'm like 10th out of 25th and on their's it says I'm like 17th or something. When we enter I reset it and only reset it after I compare there recount to mine. I love nUI and its panels that you guys incorperate into it but I'm wondering why there is such a diffrence to mine compared to someone that just has recount installed by itself.

03-17-09, 10:24 PM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by OrcD3vil View Post
I've been doing alot of raiding with my guild lately and it seems to be everytime we go through OS/VOA/Maly/Naxx when I ask the Raid Leader or someone else to show me their recount to see where I was in DPS compared to why mine says, and well its a big diffrence. On mine it will say I'm like 10th out of 25th and on their's it says I'm like 17th or something. When we enter I reset it and only reset it after I compare there recount to mine. I love nUI and its panels that you guys incorperate into it but I'm wondering why there is such a diffrence to mine compared to someone that just has recount installed by itself.
Are you using the Recount and Omen panels that are pre-built into nUI or one of the plugins? If you're using a plugin, which one?

I'd be curious to know if using the "Dual Stats" plugin would cause Recount to match your other guild members' reports. Are you all using the same version of Recount?

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

03-18-09, 01:40 AM   #3
Doomlord
A Theradrim Guardian

That is not a problem of the actual integration of Omen/Recount with nUI. I've been using that panel from the very beginning and my readings were always equal or similar to others'.

About the appearance, you can configure it in Recount's setting.

About your position , there are a lot of factors that could be the culprit. Are you resetting Recount every time you enter a new dungeon and do your group mates do the same ?(So it doesn't take in account your other past damage/healing whatever in other groups )

Are you near the other players when engaging in combat ? Recount is based on your combat log and your combat log only does so much if you aren't close to them.

03-18-09, 06:00 AM   #4
Hakana4155
A Fallenroot Satyr

As Doomlord mentioned, how close you are to the other players can affect the positioning in the list. For example you might have been far enough away from some of the other players that some of their stats weren't picked up by your Recount. I've seen this myself were my Recount would put in the top 5 but another persons in the raid had me 4 or 5 places lower.

My opinion is that the important thing to look at is the actual DPS and not the position on the list.

03-18-09, 11:07 AM   #5
OrcD3vil
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Hakana4155 View Post
As Doomlord mentioned, how close you are to the other players can affect the positioning in the list. For example you might have been far enough away from some of the other players that some of their stats weren't picked up by your Recount. I've seen this myself were my Recount would put in the top 5 but another persons in the raid had me 4 or 5 places lower.

My opinion is that the important thing to look at is the actual DPS and not the position on the list.
I would generally agree with you but the raid leader is another hunter and I stand next to him most of the time. Even Kimon another hunter in my guild that is 99% of the time by me or me by him don't come close to the same Recount info.

@Scott, I downloaded the Dual Stat Plugin in the nUI section here on wowinterface.com and it said ot get omen/recount so I went to there respective websites and got the addon from there and thats how I've been using it. If I'm doing something wrong please let me know. Its not biggie I love nUI and have been letting everyone "Looking for a UI" know about nUI. I just got the pro version the other day so I haven't updated the Dual Stat panel in a bit maybe there is a new version out I'll have to check that today when I get home we got a Naxx25 tonight been clearing 3 of the 4 wings in 3-4 hours so I'll test it out tonight and take some Screen shots to show you the diffrence in count if its alot.

03-18-09, 12:16 PM   #6
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Well... if it matters any... if you are using the Dual Stats plugin with the current version of Recount, then the problem cannot be nUI's info panel.

The reason I say that is that nUI does not alter Recount in any way. All it does is change the parent frame and size/position the Recount frame. The only way nUI *might* have been causing problems in the Recount numbers wold be if Recount was hidden (not visible on the info panel at the time) and that was causing it not to update. However, if you are using the Dual Stats plugin, then Recount is always visible and that cannot be the problem.

I'm not sure what to tell you... other than if you're using Dual Stats and you're not hiding the "Stats" panel while you're in combat, then nUI can't be the problem.

I would generally agree with you but the raid leader is another hunter and I stand next to him most of the time. Even Kimon another hunter in my guild that is 99% of the time by me or me by him don't come close to the same Recount info.

@Scott, I downloaded the Dual Stat Plugin in the nUI section here on wowinterface.com and it said ot get omen/recount so I went to there respective websites and got the addon from there and thats how I've been using it. If I'm doing something wrong please let me know. Its not biggie I love nUI and have been letting everyone "Looking for a UI" know about nUI. I just got the pro version the other day so I haven't updated the Dual Stat panel in a bit maybe there is a new version out I'll have to check that today when I get home we got a Naxx25 tonight been clearing 3 of the 4 wings in 3-4 hours so I'll test it out tonight and take some Screen shots to show you the diffrence in count if its alot.

03-18-09, 01:35 PM   #7
spiritwulf
A Cobalt Mageweaver

1. make sure you are using the latest release of recount, it gets updated frequently.

2. it is well know that info will often not match. after blizz changed things so that dmg meters such as recount were unable to use private hidden channels to sync data they are limited to using the chat log to parse the combat info. this has several drawbacks in that there are many situations where the combat log does no display all info such as in specific cases like aoe. In an aoe situation for example the combat log parses all your damage to all efected targets but does not do the same for other people. that was done to prevent bloat. same thing will often happen with a pally for example, if they are throwing greater heals that add in the aoe heal efect it often does not register properly for other players. These are just a couple examples, there are many other situations where this comes into efect as well such as if they are filtering pet dmg etc.

Best thing you can do to help avoid this is to make sure you stay updated to latest version of recount and keep in mind that there are things that you or they could be doing that they arnt picking up.
not for pleasure
but for survival

03-20-09, 12:59 AM   #8
Smeagol01
A Murloc Raider
Stats/dualstats

ive got some sttrange problem here
if i activate omen and or recount nui wont show anything exept the actioon bars and chat
it doesnt seem thatt oter addons are interfering with it since it does the same when i have a clean interface/wtf folder with just nui andstats/dualstats and lastest omen/recount from curse

usieing the lastest nui lite

Last edited by Smeagol01 : 03-20-09 at 01:03 AM.

03-20-09, 04:03 AM   #9
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Smeagol01 View Post
ive got some sttrange problem here
if i activate omen and or recount nui wont show anything exept the actioon bars and chat
it doesnt seem thatt oter addons are interfering with it since it does the same when i have a clean interface/wtf folder with just nui andstats/dualstats and lastest omen/recount from curse

usieing the lastest nui lite
Are you getting any error messages?

When nUI fails to display the unit frames, it is pretty much always the result of an error during initialization. If you can, grab a copy of !Swatter or BugSack and try to record what the error is that you're getting.

Also, if you're upgrading from nUI Beta 4 to nUI 5.0 you *really* pretty much have to delete your old Beta 4 [ Interface > AddOns > nUI ] directory before you install the 5.0

03-20-09, 01:13 PM   #10
Smeagol01
A Murloc Raider
strange i just reinstalleed omen and recount via curse clent and now it works >.<

03-21-09, 03:31 AM   #11
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by spiritwulf View Post
1. make sure you are using the latest release of recount, it gets updated frequently.

2. it is well know that info will often not match. after blizz changed things so that dmg meters such as recount were unable to use private hidden channels to sync data they are limited to using the chat log to parse the combat info. this has several drawbacks in that there are many situations where the combat log does no display all info such as in specific cases like aoe. In an aoe situation for example the combat log parses all your damage to all efected targets but does not do the same for other people. that was done to prevent bloat. same thing will often happen with a pally for example, if they are throwing greater heals that add in the aoe heal efect it often does not register properly for other players. These are just a couple examples, there are many other situations where this comes into efect as well such as if they are filtering pet dmg etc.

Best thing you can do to help avoid this is to make sure you stay updated to latest version of recount and keep in mind that there are things that you or they could be doing that they arnt picking up.
One of our new guildies pointed out only today that they do not hit the healing meters as much as they thought. But when going through their different spells we found that alot of them weren't heals as such but buffs to stop their health from going down etc. They're a discipline based priest so I guess that is their side of things but this post just reminded me of that conversation.

As to the problem in question, and yes I realised reloading the addon solved the problem.

Are you comparing the lists at the end of the raid when people may be leaving raid group ? There is a setting there somewhere where the list is changed based on who is in raid. Could this be linked to what you were seeing ?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Omen/Recount Plugin