09-15-12, 07:51 PM   #1
Barillius
A Kobold Labourer
Carbonite: Rainbows or Yellow Snow?

First post here, bear with me...

Need a new addon for WoW with the changes of the xpac coming. I come to WoWInterface and find Carbonite. Want to learn more so I read the forums, etc... and am now more confused.

Half the posts say Carbonite is up and running well.. half say it's crap and the developers have abandoned it.

Is there an unbiased source (other than dismantling my current setup, installing Carbonite, etc etc) that I can visit to find out whether or not it's (Carbonite) worth a plugged nickel?

09-15-12, 09:06 PM   #2
growlings
A Defias Bandit
Are you reading the dates? The older dates from when Carbonite was working will obviously praise it but atm it is broken.

09-15-12, 09:59 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It is what it is, and that's all that it is.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

09-15-12, 10:20 PM   #4
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
It really depends on what you are looking for in Carbonite. Some of it is broken or has issues, some of them have updates you can write in to fix some of those problems... And for what I do, I have no problems and I still love the addon.

It's hard to get an unbiased opinion in these forums. Shocked, I'm sure! The only thing I can suggest is to try it and see if you like it as is. If not, follow it, and definitely come back when it is fixed - because Carbonite is the bomb.

09-16-12, 12:42 PM   #5
DarthEspa
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by schizophrena View Post
It's hard to get an unbiased opinion in these forums. Shocked, I'm sure!
How ironic.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite: Rainbows or Yellow Snow?