11-24-10, 09:11 AM   #1
cousinitt
A Defias Bandit
Request: Distinct icon for minerals in mines

When I use the route option to mine an area sometimes it gets confusing as some minerals are in mines and not directly accessible. I also find it hard to find mine entrances when using carbonite.

My suggestion would be to put a marker at the mine entrance, route to that, and not include minerals in mines in the route.

11-24-10, 08:25 PM   #2
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
The problem with that -- you can now (or shortly) fly everywhere, some mines are on hills etc. Also, it is hard, if not impossible, for Carbonite to determine which resources are in mines.

The workaround, you can go into your keybinding area in WoW and go to Carbonites section, you can assign a hotkey to skip next node and keep skipping for those you believe to be in a mine.

11-29-10, 11:19 PM   #3
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addons cannot get elevation data and Blizzard does not even give addons a reliable indicator if you are indoors or outdoors. There is a huge amount of terrain in the game and trying to track it all is not something we want to attempt. Gather nodes are collected from user submitted data and there are over 10000 of them, which we do not attempt to hand edit.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Request: Distinct icon for minerals in mines