02-21-10, 10:06 PM   #1
muerto_rod
A Defias Bandit
Action Bars

A. The top most bar in NUI+ and the bar below the chat window replicate themselves. Is this by design or am I doing something wrong?

B. My framerate drops 30+ when I have NUI installed. I have logged onto my mains that can access the same zone and area and I see this frame rate difference in all of them. I have tried the /command to reduce the refresh with little improvement. No addons installed other than NUI. Any advice on this?

My hardware is a 27" Imac; Core I-5, 8GB Ram, and a HD 4850 videocard.

02-21-10, 10:18 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
A bit of both. At the time of making nUI 5 Scott wasn't aware that the druid boomkin form used that bar, clearly not having a druid at the top to test it I guess He's aware of it now and I believe it will get sorted for the nUI 6 in some form or another.

Hmm, framerate that bad ? The only framerate issues I have ever had is when I am in a raid in raid frame mode. I switch down to party frame and the framerate rises, which is understandable seeing as it doesn't need to deal with so much information that way. I believe Dalaran has been the bane of the fps existence so if that was where you were it could be a too much information problem again.

02-22-10, 07:28 PM   #3
muerto_rod
A Defias Bandit
So i'm not a druid and the top action bar and bar under the chat pane still copy each other any ideas?
Followed the instructions and still seeing the lower framerates. and I did the /nui framerate <n> command and see no improvement. standing next to dummies in Org

02-22-10, 09:55 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm, strange. Only the bar on the bottom right should be duplicated. Your main bar somehow hasn't switched itself has it ? Can't remember if you can scroll through the different bars available that way as well. Think Shift 1 will set it to the default.

Not sure what else to suggest on the fps front. usually those changes are enough for me but then again I have a lower limit requirement in cities compared to raids. If I'm just standing or sitting in Dalaran chatting to people I don't care if my fps drops to 5, as I'm not doing anything important. In a raid however, I need to get as high as I want and those changes were enough to move my 5fps up to 15 fps in the middle of a big 25 man raid boss fight.

02-23-10, 05:08 AM   #5
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by muerto_rod View Post
So i'm not a druid and the top action bar and bar under the chat pane still copy each other any ideas?
Yes... you have the action bar on the wrong page.

The chat bar we've been talking about here is the one under the info panel, not the one under the chat pane. You should press "shift-1" to put your main action bar on page 1. You currently have it on one of the other pages.

The main action bar has six pages. nUI uses the five extra pages in the main bar to display the extra bars on the dashboard... those are the five bars that are under the main bar left and right, left and right of the unit frames and at the bottom left below the chat frame. The 10th bar, which is the druid special bar, is used for the one under the info panel.

If you scroll the main action bar (use the arrows on its right or use Shift-2 through Shift-6) you'll see that it repeats each of the bars nUI displays except for the bottom right one under the info panel. The only page on the main bar that is not used elsewhere is page 1 (Shift-1) and that's the one it should normally be on.

Followed the instructions and still seeing the lower framerates. and I did the /nui framerate <n> command and see no improvement. standing next to dummies in Org
Well... it sounds like you're one of the lucky people who are suffering from the FPS leak bug that I'm trying to fix in nUI6. Until I can get that out, you can try reducing or eliminating shadow detail. That seems to help a good bit. You can also avoid using the high raid count panels (DPS don't *have* to see everyone's health in a raid) until I can get nUI6 completed.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

Last edited by spiel2001 : 02-23-10 at 05:11 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Action Bars