04-18-07, 06:18 AM   #1
ExtraEye
A Murloc Raider
In need of an Ice Barrier addon

I'm surprised no one has made an addon for the Ice barrier yet (maybe I missed it?) as it could be very useful and seems like a relatively uncomplicated thing to make an addon for. I'm talking about something like a bar (but doesn't have to be) that shows how much more damage the ice barrier will swallow.
I would be very grateful if someone could make an addon for this.
04-18-07, 07:00 AM   #2
Xanithon
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Thumbs up

Sounds like a great idea.

This could also be used for Priest bubbles, Lock sacrifice even the Mage Mana bubble.

Damn, I wish I started XML, Lua etc. so I could create mods .

04-18-07, 08:56 AM   #3
Bimmer
A Kobold Labourer
Mod already out there

http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=3952
04-18-07, 09:15 AM   #4
barebone
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Bimmer
Yeah except that the buglist says

* Currently, mages are only able to get shield info for Mana Shield. The other shields will not work (does work properly for priest and warlock, however)

So no luck for ice barrier.
04-18-07, 10:54 AM   #5
Korred
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Just remember that addons like these are only estimations and never 100% accurate.

The more you're hit by a particular mob without the shield on the more accurate the estimation will be in the future. It's a lot like MobHealth in that it uses a calculation based on an average of damage done vs you to calculate how much of your shield you MIGHT have left.

The person who did that addon linked above said that ice block will be added ... though slowly.
04-18-07, 10:58 AM   #6
ExtraEye
A Murloc Raider
Doesn't it tell you though, how much damage was absorved each time? add the damage up each time and you should be able to know how much damage is left to absorb. I'm probably missing something here though...
04-18-07, 11:07 AM   #7
Korred
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Nah, when shields take damage they just say "Shield Absorbed all damage". It's done that way to make mods like this inaccurate.
04-18-07, 11:38 AM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
No, SCT and MSBT tell you how much damage is absorbed - unless I'm totally going out of my mind. :P
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-18-07, 12:13 PM   #9
Korred
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Well, let me make sure i set this record straight.

When it comes to a priest's shield there is no information as to how much dmg a particular hit has done but your shield has absorbed. Combat log merely says "All damage absorbed" not numeric values. Every priest shield mod I've seen has to estimate.

If ice block is different (ie it uses a BLOCK or something like that) then a mod of this sort would be far more accurate for a mage.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » In need of an Ice Barrier addon