08-16-08, 03:32 PM   #21
Bellator
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

After getting several positive responses I switched to windowed mode. I love it, no frame rate reduction, in fact I believe WoW is playing better now. I don't use full screen but in a reduced window. Size is a little smaller but this doesn't bother me. The fact the tool bar is available, grabbing information off the web is slick no need to alt-tab out. So thanks again guys for your input. Gotta love this site and the awesome informative people.

Bellator
08-22-08, 07:17 PM   #22
ezarra
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Bellator View Post
I was wondering how well WoW played in the Windowed Mode? Any performance problems that you have experienced or do you love it?
I run in Windowed mode on my Mac all the time and always have. I keep a web browser, or a tv show, or email, or vent/skype on my second monitor when I am playing. The performance is just about the same.

I try to avoid playing on the wintendo as much as possible, but when I do, I usually have the game full screen size. I keep switching out on accident though since the alt key is in the wrong place...
08-27-08, 12:31 AM   #23
Constie
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
For those of us with older computers, running in windowed (+ maximised) mode might be a good idea because it lets you alt+tab while autorunning without losing tons of speed to lag.
09-01-08, 08:18 PM   #24
failquail
A Defias Bandit
Running Maximised + Fullscreen on my Desktop computer for alt-tabbing goodness, but just regular fullscreen on my laptop for the fps bonus.
09-04-08, 03:42 PM   #25
Anelades
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I used to play full screen. But it was kinda slow to alt tab between other stuff and that became annoying. So I switched to windowed mode and never went back.
09-12-08, 12:52 AM   #26
paladinpownage
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Bellator View Post
I was wondering how well WoW played in the Windowed Mode? Any performance problems that you have experienced or do you love it?

Bellator
I can't stand running WoW in fullscreen mode. It's Windows; who knows what could be happening in the background. I hate all of a sudden shut downs, bluescreens, reboots, antivirus popups, firewall warnings, MSN nudges... But at least in Windowed mode they don't massively pester you!

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Ever play WoW in Windowed Mode?