01-26-06, 05:47 PM   #1
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Cirk's Badapples

Badapples reminds you about people you don't like (and particularly don't want to group or raid with).

Current version
Badapples is currently version 2.4.0.

Download page
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Badapples.html

-- Cirk of Doomhammer

Last edited by Cirk : 05-18-08 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Version update
02-04-06, 02:46 PM   #2
Wyllow
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy odd bug

i love your mods!! the descriptions are well written, and they are user friendly! so far, i've only noticed one bug with this mod (Badapples): it seems to override the "right click on name" that is used to invite someone who's name we see in chat. both right and left clicks on name now bring up the /w line, so all we can do is whisper. i know this might be confusing lol (i'm not up on all the correct terms), so i'll keep checking this post in case i need to clarify more..... Keep up the good work! thanks for your time!

Last edited by Wyllow : 02-05-06 at 04:50 AM.
02-05-06, 06:35 PM   #3
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Wyllow
so far, i've only noticed one bug with this mod (Badapples): it seems to override the "right click on name" that is used to invite someone who's name we see in chat. both right and left clicks on name now bring up the /w line, so all we can do is whisper.
Hi Wyllow, thanks for the feedback! Oops, I hadn't noticed that Blizzard had added that new right-click behavior to WoW, since as you noticed, Badapples masks it. (Badapples was originally written for WoW patch 1.4). I'll add it to my "to do" list to fix for the next release of Badapples!

-- Cirk
02-06-06, 02:53 AM   #4
Wyllow
A Murloc Raider
thanks, Cirk! lookin' forward to the update!! happy playin!
02-26-06, 09:39 AM   #5
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Badapples v1.9.2 is up and has that fix for the right-click menu bug that you found Wyllow. I've also updated the TOC interface number to match patch 1.9 and made a minor cosmetic tweak to the way the "reason" is presented in the editbox on the Badapples tab.

Cheers
-- Cirk
02-26-06, 12:46 PM   #6
Wyllow
A Murloc Raider
awesome! just downloaded update, and gettin ready to play!
04-09-06, 04:09 PM   #7
notherpunker
A Defias Bandit
is an update ni the works for 1.10?

I just found this mod and am looking forward to using it. Are you planning on updating it for 1.10 soon?
04-09-06, 06:56 PM   #8
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Badapples v1.9.2 will work just fine in patch 1.10 (although you'll need to turn on the "Load out-of-date addons" flag in your WoW client's Addons screen).

I do have a 1.10.0 version in the pipeline, and will release that eventually, but at this point its really just internal code cosmetics, and doesn't really have any benefits.

Cheers
-- Cirk
04-09-06, 11:00 PM   #9
notherpunker
A Defias Bandit
great, didn't know to do that.
Thanks
04-27-06, 03:13 PM   #10
Zeorth
A Kobold Labourer
Problem

After the mini patch in 1.10 i've found this mod to not work. This mod was a life-savor for the many, many 60's (surprisingly) who did not know how to play there class and those who I clashed with I no longer wanted to group with. I'm missing it horribly! I would love it if you could update this ASAP!
04-30-06, 05:33 AM   #11
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Badapples works fine for me in 1.10.1 Zeorth. Remember though that each patch (and mini-patch) that Blizz does causes the UI to reset the "Load out-of-date addons" option, so if you haven't gone back into your Addons screen to reselect that, Badapples 1.9.2 won't be getting loaded.

(Badapples 1.10 is still waiting for me to upload it, its just been a bit of a lower priority because 1.9.2 works ).

-- Cirk
06-14-06, 04:25 PM   #12
Arabethel
A Kobold Labourer
Lightbulb

First let me say that I love BadApples! It totally rocks and has worked flawlessly. There is only one thing it does not do... (or at least I don't think it does).

So it will alert you when you try to invite someone who is on your list... It would be sweet if it could alert you when you joined a party that had someone from your list who is in the party.

For example:

1.) Someone else invites me into a party. One of the people already in the party is on my list. BA shows me an alert that I have grouped with a "badapple".

2.) I am in a party, but I am not the leader. The leader invites a "badapple" into the party. BA shows me an alert that a "badapple" has joined the party.

With both of those notifications, I would then be able to choose whether or not I want to stay in the party.

Just an idea...
06-25-06, 08:42 AM   #13
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Arabethel
1.) Someone else invites me into a party. One of the people already in the party is on my list. BA shows me an alert that I have grouped with a "badapple".

2.) I am in a party, but I am not the leader. The leader invites a "badapple" into the party. BA shows me an alert that a "badapple" has joined the party.
Hi Arabethel, I'm glad you are enjoying Badapples

In regards to your two points, Badapples should do exactly what you are expecting - if you join a party or raid where there is anyone who is on your badapples list, or if someone later joins your party or raid (whether you are leader or not), Badapples will show a warning message. It won't prevent you from joining the group of course (it can only check that when the badapple is the one inviting you, or who you are inviting) but the warning should be there.

(You can test it pretty easily with a couple of friends - add them to your Badapples list and see what happens when you group with them - just remember to remove them again later!).

Let me know if it still doesn't work for you.

-- Cirk
07-29-06, 09:28 AM   #14
Phanx
Cat.

Awesome mod. I've been using it for quite some time now... I've actually been using an older version, and just discovered that it was on WoWI and there was an update.

Anyway, I have one suggestion: currently, if the reason someone's on my Badapples list is too long, I can only see the first part in the list. It would be really nice if when I moused over someone with a long reason, a tooltip popped up showing the full reason.

Also, this is probably beyond the scope of Badapples, but what's the likelihood of being able to add entire guilds to the list in the future?
09-20-06, 01:29 AM   #15
Caedo
A Murloc Raider
right click menu

It seems the BadApples mod is overriding the ability to right click on a players name in a chat window and have a dropdown menu that allows invite/whisper/target/etc. any chance this could be fixed? maybe even add a selection to that list: "Add to BadApples" Some people like to have ridiculous ascii characters in their name, which makes inviting them a chore.

Caedo
10-05-06, 05:08 AM   #16
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Badapples v1.12.0 uploaded!

Changes from v1.11.0:
  • Added checking for player names in your Ignore list for joining parties or raids, or for attempting to invite someone to your party or raid. (Ignored players aren't automatically added to your Badapples list, but if they are on your list you will see the usual Badapple warning rather than the ignore warning).
  • Added a tooltip when browsing in your Badapples list to show the full text of reasons if they are longer than will fit in the available reason space (for Phanx ).
  • Increased the maximum length you can use for entering reasons.
  • If you have the Badapples "Add player" dialog open, you can shift-click a player's name in the chat window to automatically add their name to the edit box (for Caedo ).
  • Some rearrangements of the code internally to minimize global name usage, and to better support future localization possibilities.
  • Added globally callable functions BadapplesCheckName and BadapplesColor for use by other addons (see end of Badapples.lua for details).
  • Changed version string to 1.12.0 and updated interface number for patch 1.12.

Originally Posted by Phanx
Awesome mod. I've been using it for quite some time now... I've actually been using an older version, and just discovered that it was on WoWI and there was an update.

Anyway, I have one suggestion: currently, if the reason someone's on my Badapples list is too long, I can only see the first part in the list. It would be really nice if when I moused over someone with a long reason, a tooltip popped up showing the full reason.

Also, this is probably beyond the scope of Badapples, but what's the likelihood of being able to add entire guilds to the list in the future?
Hi Phanx! I've just added the tooltip thing that you suggested in 1.12.0 (although it only shows for reasons that are longer than will fit in the reason field).

Unfortunately, adding a whole guild is a little difficult because you can only know the guild of a player when they are within normal targeting range of you (i.e., in same zone and within 80' or whatever the max distance is). I've thought about having Badapples allow you to set a guild and have it automatically add anyone you saw with that name, but even that could get unwieldy (and what happens if that someone isn't actually too bad of an apple, realizes their mistake and leaves that guild?).

So for now, whole guilds are out

Originally Posted by Caedo
It seems the BadApples mod is overriding the ability to right click on a players name in a chat window and have a dropdown menu that allows invite/whisper/target/etc. any chance this could be fixed? maybe even add a selection to that list: "Add to BadApples" Some people like to have ridiculous ascii characters in their name, which makes inviting them a chore.
Hi Caedo. Hmmm, Badapples shouldn't be interfering with the right-click function in the drop-down list (although it did in an older version).

Rather than adding a "Add to Badapples" item in the right-click list, I've made the Badapples "Add player" dialog box function like the standard Blizzard ones, so you can just open that up (from the Badapples tab) and then shift-click the player's name from the chat window and it will copy it into the edit box for you!

Cheers
-- Cirk
10-07-06, 09:27 AM   #17
Caedo
A Murloc Raider
Newest version does not interfere w/ the right click dropdown menu on character names, so I suppose I must have been using an older version. Sorry for the mixup. Thank you for your work on these mods.

Caedo
10-10-06, 12:36 PM   #18
Bl4ckSh33p
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Exclamation

Hi! Very nice addon!
But it seems I found an Issue with special chars in names.

I added a char with a á in the name (was my target) but when I rightclick it in the badapples window and chose Edit to add a reason a new Entry is added with a name consisting of all chars after the "special char".

example:
Edit "Isábel" > Got new Entry "Bel"
11-21-06, 11:01 AM   #19
Salaskan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Really AWESOME mod : ) love to use it, it's sort of an in-game blacklist with all sorts of features and enhancements, very professionally made.
Just one suggestion though: could it be possible to get a message (like you get when /who-ing someone who is on your list) when you whisper a BadApple?
05-30-07, 02:35 AM   #20
Phanx
Cat.

Thumbs up

An update! Thank you!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Cirk's Badapples