10-14-08, 07:39 AM   #1
Foeggy
A Murloc Raider
JWU (J-WoW Updater)

So today JWoW got updated... And now it won't update anything, I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong or what... It says that you need to be registered at forgecurse and wowace which I am, and it still doesn't work...

Anyone else have this problem?

Is WoWMatrix or WAU Better than it?

Thanks.
10-14-08, 07:53 AM   #2
Fashionabull
A Cliff Giant

WAU is no longer running, it's been replaced by the Curse Updater at curse.com (though some have problems with it as well).

WoWMatrix is looked down upon by most addon authors and hosting sites as it leeches files from the hosting sites.

As it's patch day, it might just be a simple bug that will get fixed before the servers go live again.

But the forums on wowace have an updater section that mentions a few others if you're looking for a different one
10-14-08, 01:25 PM   #3
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Currently the only legal way to access CurseForge/WoWAce with an updater is via the Curse Client. All other updaters should not be able to access CF/WA. In the future we should see APIs released that allow for non CC updaters to access CF/WA however that access will be limited to Curse Premium subscribers. If you don't want to use CC, then you need to use the old fashioned way of downloading and accessing CF/WA. That method is called "Firefox" or "Opera".

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » JWU (J-WoW Updater)