07-19-09, 02:43 AM   #1
Tact
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Bartender and Warriors

I was just wondering if it is normal for warriors (and possibly druids?) to get "cheated" out of 3 bars with bartender.

there are a total of 10 bars i should be able to use and bars 7, 8, and 9 are being used up by battle, defensive, and berserker stance.

so basically i really only have one extra bar to play around with after using up the first 6. is this normal?

just wanna double check if it's something people have just decided to live with or if there was a "fix".

thank you very much.
07-19-09, 02:53 AM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
So far as I'm aware that is normal. Never seen bartender in any of its incarnations behave in any other fashion.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
07-19-09, 03:51 AM   #3
Mycroftxxx1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Dominos does the same. You 'lose' action bars as they get rolled in as the primary bar as you shapeshift, prowl, stealth, etc...
07-19-09, 04:24 AM   #4
Tact
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
thanks very much, just wanted to be sure.
07-19-09, 06:46 AM   #5
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Lightbulb why not diable stance paging and go macro?..

..just wanted to add that in bt4 you do have the option to set which bars page, if at all.. I personally have turned off all paging and use macros for about 80% of my buttons.

Mind you this is for a Rogue, but if you have a 5 button mouse or better, I'd suggest putting a series of stance specific attacks on a macro like this..

(Stealth)
#showtooltip Garrote(Rank 10)
/cast [btn:1] Ambush
/cast [btn:2] Garrote
/cast [btn:3] Distract
/cast [btn:4] Sap
/cast [btn:5] Pick Pocket
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

(non Stealth) ms
#showtooltip Hemorrhage(Rank 5)
/cast [btn:1] Hemorrhage
/use Gloves of the Stonereaper
/use Valorous Terrorblade Gauntlets
/cast [bt:2] Eviscerate
/use [btn:3] Baby Spice
/cast [btn:4] Rupture
/use [btn:5] Slice and Dice

(non Stealth) os
#showtooltip Mutilate(Rank 6)
/cast [btn:1] Mutilate
/cast [btn:2] Envenom
/use [btn:3] Baby Spice
/cast [btn:4] Rupture
/cast [btn:5] Slice and Dice

This is for a rogue and effectively handles 10 buttons for two stances with just two buttons.
Variations of note could be replacing the "[btn:#]" (mouse button) with "[modifier:shift]", "[modifier:ctrl]", "[modifier:alt]", etc for those without 5 btn mouses, or
"[stance:1]", "[stance:2]", and "[stance:3]"
07-19-09, 12:50 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Bartender and the other bar addons do it that way because the default UI handles it that way. tbh, though, you shouldn't need more buttons.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-19-09, 02:14 PM   #7
Slafsinator
A Murloc Raider
The Nurfed Actionbars do not have this limitation due to using virtual bars.

6 action bars, though, should be much, much more than you need.
07-19-09, 04:01 PM   #8
Tact
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
but i need at least 3 bars for all my favorite minipets!

cool tip, limbo, thx a lot.

what i noticed in the game before i ever used bartender, was that stances seemed to take up no bars untill you actually changed to that stance.

so by default, blizz would give all chracters (wars or not) 6 total bars.

bottom left, bottom right, the two vertical right side ones, the regular one with the numbers keybound, and the last one could never be taken out and was paged. (scroll+up/down)

whether i was a warrior or a priest or shaman or druid, this was the max ammount of bars i could get by default and stances wouldn't eat up any of these bars.

so when i saw bartender giving users 10 bars, i thought it was sort of a "selling point" to it, (yay more bars) and found it odd that it did that with stances. sorta almost defeated one of it's attractive features.

now my sham and priest get 4 extra fun bars, and my war gets 1.

anyway. i don't really need it actually, my 10th' bar is litterally empty and don't know what to do with it. lol so that's not the issue. i just found it interesting and sorta "unfair" and wanted to check if this was normal behaviour. hehe.

thanks very much for confirming this.

*/me sets up all extra bars with nothing but minipets.

Last edited by Tact : 07-19-09 at 04:03 PM.
07-19-09, 06:28 PM   #9
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Might I suggest the addon GupPet

It will make it so you can call random pets (and mounts).

You can select which pets you want it to use (or not use) in a global setting or even by location.

It is a highly customizable mount/companion addon and it will free up a lot of "wasted" buttons.
07-19-09, 06:34 PM   #10
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Kennel nice pretty options, and if your like me it's so simple that you'll never need to see em'
07-20-09, 05:14 AM   #11
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

...cool well since I am macro crazed, here are my pet macros (for the favorites)

(just pets)
/cleartarget
/whistle
/cast [button:1] Jubling
/cast [button:2] Teldrassil Sproutling
/cast [button:3] Enchanted Broom
/cast [button:4] Durotar Scorpion
/cast [button:5] Tirisfal Batling

(4 pets w mount)
#showtooltip Sea Turtle
/cast [button:1] Muckbreath
/cast [button:2] Sea Turtle
/cast [button:3] Black Tabby Cat
/cast [button:4] Magical Crawdad
/cast [button:5] Firefly

(random pet)
/cleartarget
/whistle
/run CallCompanion("CRITTER", random(GetNumCompanions("CRITTER")))

(and my random mount macro)
/run local z=GetZoneText(),t; if (IsMounted()) then Dismount() return end; if (not IsFlyableArea() or (z=="Dalaran" and GetSubZoneText()~="Krasus' Landing") or z=="Wintergrasp") then t={2,3,21,25} else t={6,11} end CallCompanion("MOUNT",t[random(#t)])

-the {2,3,21,25} are the favorite land mounts
-the {6,11} are the favorite flying mounts
(to get the number value for your mounts simply open your mounts tab and count from top left to bottom right -your mounts are listed alphabetically so everytime you add a new one, the numbers can shift)
(this summons a flying mount when possible, land mount everywhere else -this also will summon a flying mount if you are on Krasus' Landing. If you are just landing there, simply run in to the hallway and hit this macro for your land mount)

As far as the pet addons, I'll check those two out. At some time Autobar had a category for minipets, but seems to have vanished at some time around when they became "inscribed" into our pet books.. Wish I knew which version still had this so I could revert.

edit: pretty much the whole left side of my UI are wasted senseless macro buttons, but doesn't it look purty?

Last edited by Limb0 : 07-20-09 at 05:16 AM. Reason: wasted btns

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Bartender and Warriors