12-26-09, 06:36 PM   #1
Belszy
An Aku'mai Servant
In and Out of Dungeons

I am noticing a problem as well with teleporting in and out of dungeons. I have upgraded everything and yes i use different skins for various characters, some of my characters it works fine but for some reason my warlock character only has this issue. I use the standard add ons - DBM Healbot necrosis, honestly just the more famous add ons. I am going to swap my skins for NUI on just my warlock and see if that is the problem. It just seems weird cause it worked fine a few days ago is all.

V/r
Belszy

12-26-09, 07:45 PM   #2
Belszy
An Aku'mai Servant
Update

Okay tried it again with a few different skins in lower level dungeons. Then tried on my wifes computer. She doesnt have a 80 at all. For some reason none of them work now. Only add ons enabled was NUI and Carbonite. I even went removed all my inteface folders and tried again to no avail. Any suggestions. Once i hearth out it works perfectly fine. Its just in the instances themselves.

12-26-09, 10:50 PM   #3
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

What exactly is the issue with porting? Is the button not there on the minimap? No menu when you mouseover the button? Is it in Carbs minimap button frame? Is it in nUI's buttonbag?

You gave a lot of good info on what steps you've tried but forget the really important part, what exactly is happening, lol.

12-27-09, 02:21 AM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've actually read around that other addon users are having similar problems. Maybe there is something with the way the porting works that hasn't been made public knowledge for addon writers ?

12-27-09, 05:50 AM   #5
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Mine works fine, then again, other than Atlas, AtlasLoot, Auctioneer, and Recount, the only addons I have, I wrote myself. That aside, the API call for dungeon teleporting is LFGTeleport(). This function accepts a single boolean argument, LFGTeleport(false) teleports you into the dungeon and LFGTeleport(true) teleports you out.

12-27-09, 07:33 AM   #6
Belszy
An Aku'mai Servant
Sorry

Okay sorry here is some more information.

THe icon is located in the center of my mini map like designed. WHen i am on my 80s it works perfectly fine. If i want to leave a party or its over i can leave the dungeon by easily clicking right or left and leaving. It gives you the option.

When i am on a lower level character it will not give you any option as well.

I also noticed that a few other things dont seem to work right as well when i am in dungeon - when i use talented to view my talent tree all the buttons are not working on it. That is something i have noticed.

Yes i disabled all add ons and it still hasnt fixed itself. I have played a 55 warlock, 67 warrior, 35 druid and all have the same problems. Played a 80 hunter and shaman with no problems. They all use the same add ons with exception to a couple different skins. I have changed out - reinstalled all add ons still no avail.

Any ideas?

V/r
Belszy

12-27-09, 07:55 AM   #7
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
I use nUI (no skins - just the default) with a plethora of other addons.

On my 73 mage, it works fine for teleporting in and out of normal WOTLK instances.

Marth

12-27-09, 08:14 AM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm, when it goes wrong is it every time or maybe 1 every 2 or 3 tries ? Just wondering if it is queuing a low level incorrectly for a dungeon it shouldn't be in then realises and refuses to let you in. As in, the queueing system perhaps isn't validating something in the same way that the actually teleporting does.

12-27-09, 08:21 AM   #9
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Are you perhaps not in a random group? If you don't use the que to get your group you will not have the option to teleport in and out, when you mouse over it what does it say? I use it with my 80 pally 30 rogue and 43 shaman with no issues as of yet.

12-27-09, 08:35 AM   #10
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ooh, is that how it is supposed to work. Good point there neural This may be the reason that some people have it work fine and others don't.

I assume then that full groups that run the instance have to get there on their own steam ? And pug groups get a free port to the instance and back ? Intended or a bug ? Who knows but if thats the case people will need to live with it or post on the WoW forums for confirmation.

12-27-09, 08:48 AM   #11
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
I assume then that full groups that run the instance have to get there on their own steam ? And pug groups get a free port to the instance and back ?
The trick as I know it, is that as long as you use the Random dungeon finder tool to queue up for a dungeon, whether solo or in a premade group of 5 guildies, you will be able to port in and out of the dungeons from wherever you are. That's my experience at least.

Now on that same hand, let's say that you and 4 other guildies go into the instance portal on your own, ie you don't use the LFD tool, I believe then that the portal function will not work. I'll have to try it later with my guild and see what happens.

And as far as the minimap "Eye" icon, Ive never had a problem using it myself yet since I use an LDB plugin to handle it

12-27-09, 08:54 AM   #12
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Belszy View Post
- when i use talented to view my talent tree all the buttons are not working on it. That is something i have noticed.

Yes i disabled all add ons and it still hasnt fixed itself. I have played a 55 warlock, 67 warrior, 35 druid and all have the same problems. Played a 80 hunter and shaman with no problems. They all use the same add ons with exception to a couple different skins. I have changed out - reinstalled all add ons still no avail.

Any ideas?

V/r
Belszy
I'll give my lowbie a shot at some randoms later also. I've only been using the LFG function on my 80's so far, lol.

For Talented, do you mean you cannot play with templates or anything like that? I know most times when I create a template, the Edit box in the bottom left of the Talent tree view is not checked. Just a simple thing that 9/10 times gets me

12-27-09, 03:23 PM   #13
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I use the random dungeon locator on several of my toons, 80, 48, 42, and 38, along with different nUI skins and addons for each one. Haven't had any issues with the button option porting me in or out as of yet. But I'll be sure to post here if I do!

12-27-09, 09:08 PM   #14
Belszy
An Aku'mai Servant
Noticed

Okay back on this again cause i hate not knowing something. My 80s are fine, everyone less has problems. I have tried with no no add ons except NUI. It is just my minimap. I noticed that the map button, the type of icon - for like mining or herbalism or whatever - those two do not work also. the lfg button whether i choose dungeon or not choose dungeon it is in center - works fine OUT of dungeon but not in dungeons ever.. Hints?

12-27-09, 09:38 PM   #15
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

We all have forgotten to ask, or I may be blind also, but what nUI version are you using? Just checking

12-28-09, 07:46 AM   #16
Belszy
An Aku'mai Servant
Info

NUI Plus the latest release version.

12-28-09, 08:58 PM   #17
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Ah I think you have an invisible frame covering the top corner of the map possibly the voice chat thing? But as far as I remember that is handled by nUI movers now. You can try typing /nui movers and see if you can locate the voice chat box, that is the only reason I can see those two buttons not working.If that doesn't work mouse over the button and type this in chat:

Code:
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage( GetMouseFocus():GetName() );
That will print the name of the offending frame if there is one in the chat box.Hopefully one of those should work things out for you.

Edit: Xrystal as far as the button goes as Vis said if you start your own group you can use the teleporter but only if you use the random dungeon feature.

Last edited by neuralassassin : 12-28-09 at 09:04 PM.

12-28-09, 09:19 PM   #18
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ah, that is what I am wondering then. Are people having problems not running random dungeons and wondering why it isn't working when the day before they may have been running a random dungeon when it worked. Just a theory I threw out there with only a few people having a problem with it.

12-28-09, 09:28 PM   #19
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

I was thinking the same which was why I mentioned it just seems strange for some to have the problem like this.

12-29-09, 05:55 PM   #20
Belszy
An Aku'mai Servant
Further Info

Assassin - I did everything you asked - the only problem that came up was worldmap from the script you asked me to run. I have for further information completely removed all add ons. I installed NUI SKADA and associated plug ins and carbonite. Checked my 80s no problem. Checked my warlock. No go. He is now 59. I have removed the wtf files, cached cleared. Nothing has changed. I receive no errors on any add on. I am at a loss. SHould i try not using plus and use lite or release version and see if problem stops or not?

I am running windows vista - on admin account. No problems with anything associated with wow that i am aware of. Good computer. Great graphics. Playing on high and medium settings for testing purposes. Like i said this only happens when i am in dungeon. I can not use the button for tele in or out. I always have to hearth.

V/r
Belszy

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » In and Out of Dungeons