02-03-06, 01:33 AM   #61
mahman
A Kobold Labourer
hey guys, awesome mod.. im using it and the zmod db... only problem is.. on "my model" i'll put it in one place, but every so often, the model will actually "jump" to a different place, not where i left it, any idea how to fix this? thanks !
02-03-06, 03:45 AM   #62
hoaxx
A Kobold Labourer
What would make this Addon great, is an option to set the target's rotation to remain in it's relative angle to the player. That would make a dagger rogues life much easier in some places (e.g. indoor instances full of huge tauren...) and tell them if they're approaching their target from behind or not.

But I'm not sure if it's possible to render the target "as it is" (e.g. displaying combat animation, dead, moving etc.).
02-03-06, 04:03 AM   #63
dafire
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think getting the position of a hostile target was disabled around patch 1.3 or 1.4 to prevent misuse by addons ;=)
02-03-06, 04:57 AM   #64
Xageroth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by dafire
I think getting the position of a hostile target was disabled around patch 1.3 or 1.4 to prevent misuse by addons ;=)
Correct. Very creative suggestion, hoaxx, but it can't be done.

Last edited by Xageroth : 02-03-06 at 04:59 AM.
02-03-06, 05:20 AM   #65
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Xageroth
Correct. Very creative suggestion, hoaxx, but it can't be done.
Hmm... It might be posible to check whether one of the actions that requires you being faced to their back is useable. If so, you wouldn't get the in between angles, but you'd get the important one when it came up.

Then again, we don't need to make a dagger rogue's life more easy. So sayeth the mage.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 02-03-06 at 05:28 AM.
02-03-06, 05:27 AM   #66
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm really excited about this addon.

I wrote a small addon that works as a mob database for this addon and stores position, zoom, and rotation for your targets (if you change them)

Since I started to hack it yesterday it's in early beta.

It does not need any file modification to this addon.

I submitted it at ui.worldofwar.net, look for ZMobDB when it gets enabled by a moderator
it's now available at http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=2023

dafire
Nice work Dafire! If only you had done this a week earlier. I too have been munging ZMC, but I didn't take the disciplined approach of rehooking all of his function calls like you did. Kinda wish I did, but it's too late now, especially since I started with the 0.91 version.

And a big thanks to Xageroth for making this all possible. His code was infinitely cleaner and better organized the myTargetModel, myAnimatedModel, myModel or 3dunitmodel, i.e. the other variants that I've hacked up on the past. It's not even competitive.
02-03-06, 05:35 AM   #67
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by mahman
hey guys, awesome mod.. im using it and the zmod db... only problem is.. on "my model" i'll put it in one place, but every so often, the model will actually "jump" to a different place, not where i left it, any idea how to fix this? thanks !
Is it possible that you're using another add-on to relocate the models? I know I've seen stuff like that in the past when using something like DFM or MoveAnything to move something that has its own refresh code that may update its location. When that happens, the model moves itself back to its own internally recorded location (when it gets an event requiring a refresh) which is different than the one set by the moving add-on.

If this is the case, I'd suggest just using the movement function Xageroth built into ZMC (shift dragging or whatever it is) or using the lock option in DFM. If you do the latter, either disable or just don't use ZMC's dragging after that point.
02-03-06, 10:29 PM   #68
Omegadrive
A Defias Bandit
Updated UI Pic as of yesterday, had to use the fixed camera trick you posted till there is a way to see full models in target window properly, hope to hear some update soon, specially the profiles, it sucks to setup ALL windows for all my characters every time I want to experiment with different UI layouts.
02-04-06, 12:46 AM   #69
Xageroth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Hmm... It might be posible to check whether one of the actions that requires you being faced to their back is useable. If so, you wouldn't get the in between angles, but you'd get the important one when it came up.

Then again, we don't need to make a dagger rogue's life more easy. So sayeth the mage.
Possibly, but then I suspect that would be very glitchy. From a distance the model would appear face on (because of usability restrictions based on yards) and then up close the model would likely flicker back and forth alot due to the nature of combat and how often rogues move from front the back.

If you guys toy around with this and find something that works, by all means, let me know. I think it's a great idea.

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
And a big thanks to Xageroth for making this all possible. His code was infinitely cleaner and better organized the myTargetModel, myAnimatedModel, myModel or 3dunitmodel, i.e. the other variants that I've hacked up on the past. It's not even competitive.
Were you the one that made those? I dived into this mod on a whim and probably should have given better credit to the other mod authors. I saw someone with a 3d model in a screenshot, downloaded the code and saw very few lines of lua, so I wowwiki'd the rest for fun.
02-06-06, 08:05 AM   #70
aceracer24
A Theradrim Guardian
Just wanted to update and say how great this mod and the DB mod is working together! I've had no more problems with target models not working or keeping the settings. Only 3 things i would like to see done if/when possable.

1. make this mod and Zmod DB as one mod
2. make a target of target model
3. Add a menu for easier config and seperate profiles with the option to load a diff profile as a starting point for another profile.

Other then those requests I am super pleased with this mod!
02-06-06, 09:12 AM   #71
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Xageroth
Were you the one that made those? I dived into this mod on a whim and probably should have given better credit to the other mod authors. I saw someone with a 3d model in a screenshot, downloaded the code and saw very few lines of lua, so I wowwiki'd the rest for fun.
Oh no. I was working on a mod based on those, and then when I saw how clean your code was, I began working on one based on your 0.91 version. The other one that I borrowed a lot from was the one that used to have its own thread on the old discord site. Unfortunately, that thread was lost when Lozareth had all those problems and I have not yet seen a revival thread. The name in the readme is bjl_larson, though I'm pretty sure the forum name was different.
02-06-06, 09:31 AM   #72
vicont
A Murloc Raider
Yay, wonderfull mode indeed.

There's one question - is it possible to impletent these 3D models into Nymbia's Perl Unit Frames? This is how it looks at the moment:

I would like to make target and player models to be animated - is it doable?
02-07-06, 07:08 AM   #73
Tazjo
A Defias Bandit
Thumbs up

I'm really excited about this addon.

I wrote a small addon that works as a mob database for this addon and stores position, zoom, and rotation for your targets (if you change them)

Since I started to hack it yesterday it's in early beta.

It does not need any file modification to this addon.

I submitted it at ui.worldofwar.net, look for ZMobDB when it gets enabled by a moderator
it's now available at http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=2023

dafire
Exellent compliment to the mod!

Have you concidered compiling a databse for users to download?
02-07-06, 03:15 PM   #74
Rastaah
Premium Member
Premium Member
Id just like to ask when we can remove party potraits, it clutters my screen...thanks!!

Great job, just wondering, going to wait to use it til then. Or is there a way to hide it now that I missed?
02-07-06, 03:39 PM   #75
dafire
Premium Member
You can already remove the party pics, but not change it during runtime.. I think it was in this thread earlier by changing the camera count from 6 to 2 somewhere

I could put up my current database but it only contents german mob names
02-10-06, 03:44 AM   #76
Tazjo
A Defias Bandit
Request for next release

A reset button or slash command would be extremely useful as occasionaly I loose one of the models somewhere in the vast panning region and I cant get it back.

Perhapse even a reset option on each frame?

Just a thought
02-10-06, 06:50 AM   #77
Hellslayer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Shortly in question to dafire

You can already remove the party pics, but not change it during runtime.. I think it was in this thread earlier by changing the camera count from 6 to 2 somewhere

I could put up my current database but it only contents german mob names
Darefire, kannst du deine daten bank so einstellend as sie wie folgt funktioniert.
Wenn keine daten für duie kameraeinstellugen bestehe soll soll die kameraeinstellung von der Selben rasse eines anderen mobs übernommen werden. Sozusagen die "default" einstellungen. Was noch schön wäre wenn es wie bei discord eine extrahierungsfunkiton gibt.
Danke für deine aufmerksahmkeit
02-10-06, 07:42 PM   #78
Benkr0n
A Kobold Labourer
I for some reason don't get my portrait models.... but i get my target.

Is there something i missed...

02-11-06, 07:37 AM   #79
Tazjo
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Benkr0n
I for some reason don't get my portrait models.... but i get my target.

Is there something i missed...

I get that too. opening the map brings your character back (resets it so to speak) but mine now will only increase to a certain size and no bigger (which kinda ruins the whole effect.

Hopefuly someone will post a fix.

BTW, any info on when the next release is?
02-15-06, 02:10 AM   #80
Xageroth
An Aku'mai Servant
Sorry I've been somewhat absent the past few days. I've been working on the next release. Some major improvements are in the works, look at the first post in this thread for some more info.

I'm working as fast I can to put out the next release. I appreciate the patience.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Zuxana's Model Citizen