09-11-07, 06:59 AM   #1
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

A few questions

"Mazzifier now configures and places Deadly Boss Mods. Question added to Mazzifier to choose which boss mod you want. Capping disabled if DBM is chosen."
Please explain this in plain english. Although I'm sure that it's not something I have to worry about for a while yet.

I didn't realize that I had to manually update mods with WAU. I went into my WAU folder just to check it out and clicked on the .exe and received a message that I should back up my mods before proceeding. How do I back up my mods? Just copy them to a thumb drive? I don't need/want to do this now; just so I know when the time comes.

How do I use Prat and/or ClearFont2 to change my text? How do I add a font to the UI and tell it to use it?
09-11-07, 08:17 AM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Erurainon
"Mazzifier now configures and places Deadly Boss Mods. Question added to Mazzifier to choose which boss mod you want. Capping disabled if DBM is chosen."
Please explain this in plain english. Although I'm sure that it's not something I have to worry about for a while yet.
Capping is a mod that handles timers in Battlegrounds (Warsong Gulch, Arathi Basin, Alterac Valley, Eye of the Storm). DeadlyBossMods also handles timers in BGs however BigWigs (the other boss mod you can choose) does not. So if you choose BigWigs, then Capping will be enabled and used for your BG timers. However if you choose DBM, then Capping will NOT be enabled as that would be duplicating functions

I didn't realize that I had to manually update mods with WAU. I went into my WAU folder just to check it out and clicked on the .exe and received a message that I should back up my mods before proceeding. How do I back up my mods? Just copy them to a thumb drive? I don't need/want to do this now; just so I know when the time comes.
WAU by default shows that message. It is a good idea to back your mods up when you update incase the new AddOn version has a bug that was missed or does not play well with your existing Addons and breaks something. Then you can revert (aka go back to the old version of the mod in question) if something goes wrong. It is easy to back up, just copy your AddOns folder somewhere else. A thumb drive is a good idea, or to a second hard drive. Or you can just copy your AddOns folder to your My Documents folder

How do I use Prat and/or ClearFont2 to change my text? How do I add a font to the UI and tell it to use it?
Mouse over the top edge of your screen. A Fubar panel will appear. There should be an icon for Clearfont2. Right Click on it and use the resulting menu.

To add a font: SharedMedia is the easiest way to add fonts. Mazzle does not include SharedMedia, grab it off the WoWAce files site or via WAU. Once you have SharedMedia installed, the open the folder and look for this text file: INSTRUCTIONS for MyMedia.txt. Follow the instructions in that file. Once you have your font registered with SharedMedia then any AddOn that supports SharedMedia (most Ace2 mods including Clearfont2) can use it.

Last edited by Zyonin : 09-11-07 at 08:23 AM.
09-11-07, 08:31 AM   #3
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
I always appreciate Xinh's responses.

Nicely done.
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
09-11-07, 08:36 AM   #4
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thank you very much for your reply Xinh. I was just coming back in here to edit my message to add another question. lol [edit]But I figured it out.[/edit] But now I have another.. when do we get talent points? I thought it was one per level; but I'm level 21 and have only spent 12. If it is 1 per level, then I'm going to need help with what I just edited out - namely the talents addon within Mazzle.

Last edited by Erurainon : 09-11-07 at 08:43 AM. Reason: I figured it out.
09-11-07, 08:49 AM   #5
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Originally Posted by Erurainon
when do we get talent points? I thought it was one per level; but I'm level 21 and have only spent 12. If it is 1 per level, then I'm going to need help with what I just edited out - namely the talents addon within Mazzle.
You get your first Talent point at level 10.

Some levels will give you two talent points (vs. the normal single point), though I don't recall exactly which levels do that.
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
09-11-07, 08:59 AM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yeah, I used to think that you got 2 at lvl 10, myself, but that must have been ages and ages and ages ago. 61 talent points = 1 per level from 10-70.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » A few questions