11-25-15, 10:54 AM   #21
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by semlar View Post
Group headers are designed to automate the creation of these frames; however, I have yet to see an addon, including blizzard's own raid frames, not break when someone joins the raid while you're in combat.

I haven't personally done anything with them, so it's quite possible I'm mistaken. It's not something simple to test without involving other people.
It's actually possible, i can point you to this posts:

http://forums.wowace.com/showpost.ph...postcount=3163

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ighlight=taint

Last edited by Resike : 11-25-15 at 10:56 AM.
11-25-15, 10:57 AM   #22
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Resike View Post
Your example has them precreating the secure frames, which only reinforces my point that it can't be done in combat.
11-25-15, 11:02 AM   #23
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Your example has them precreating the secure frames, which only reinforces my point that it can't be done in combat.
Yes, but after that it's handled fully protected and dinamically and works as it should be by default.
11-25-15, 11:22 AM   #24
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yes, but after that it's handled fully protected and dinamically and works as it should be by default.
The question wasn't "can existing frames be modified in combat", it was "can brand-new secure frames be created in combat which I now have to scan for from the secure environment because they didn't exist before I entered combat."
11-25-15, 02:23 PM   #25
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
The question wasn't "can existing frames be modified in combat", it was "can brand-new secure frames be created in combat which I now have to scan for from the secure environment because they didn't exist before I entered combat."
I'm not 100% about if it's actually precreate the frames. Or playing with the minus startingIndex attribute would force precreation?
11-25-15, 02:51 PM   #26
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm not 100% about if it's actually precreate the frames. Or playing with the minus startingIndex attribute would force precreation?
By setting the startingIndex to a negative number it adds that number to the "unitCount" to get "numDisplayed" which is used to define "needButtons" on line 156 and again in the loop on 161 which creates the actual frames.
11-25-15, 06:03 PM   #27
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
By setting the startingIndex to a negative number it adds that number to the "unitCount" to get "numDisplayed" which is used to define "needButtons" on line 156 and again in the loop on 161 which creates the actual frames.
Seems like you are right, i have to admit havn't really looked into this, i was glad that the fix worked.
You can also force this hack to the default raid frames so they will get updated properly even in combat.
11-25-15, 09:34 PM   #28
Lombra
A Molten Giant

Found the code for a very basic raid frame I used for some testing in the past.
https://gist.github.com/Lombra/782d84064be0d1f3eefc

This seems to be able to create frames when I join a raid, and also add new frames as more people join. I don't know what prevents other addons from functioning.

Edit: Pro tip, go hit a training dummy in garrison and then join some fast filling raid like Kazzak or one of the major Tanaan rare bosses!
11-26-15, 05:37 AM   #29
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Lombra View Post
Pro tip, go hit a training dummy in garrison and then join some fast filling raid like Kazzak or one of the major Tanaan rare bosses!
I don't have an active account, but if you say this can create new raid frames in combat then I'll take your word for it.

It would seem that this is something that needs to be taken into account after all.
11-26-15, 05:53 AM   #30
MunkDev
A Scalebane Royal Guard

I don't have an active account, but if you say this can create new raid frames in combat then I'll take your word for it.

It would seem that this is something that needs to be taken into account after all.
Oh well, I guess it's not really up to me to write code to circumvent someone else's horrible design. Will go back to the dynamic code. As long as the user doesn't open the interface settings while running Bagnon, there's no problem anyway.

Last edited by MunkDev : 11-26-15 at 06:00 AM.
11-27-15, 01:31 PM   #31
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Found the code for a very basic raid frame I used for some testing in the past.
https://gist.github.com/Lombra/782d84064be0d1f3eefc

This seems to be able to create frames when I join a raid, and also add new frames as more people join. I don't know what prevents other addons from functioning.

Edit: Pro tip, go hit a training dummy in garrison and then join some fast filling raid like Kazzak or one of the major Tanaan rare bosses!
Thats intresting, seems like yours works as it should. Maybe because your teplate points to a blizzard secure template?

What i don't get that why is your frames don't update instantly when you join a raid.
11-27-15, 03:56 PM   #32
Lombra
A Molten Giant

Thats intresting, seems like yours works as it should. Maybe because your teplate points to a blizzard secure template?

What i don't get that why is your frames don't update instantly when you join a raid.
I thought you have to use the secure unit button template though?

Noticed the slightly delayed updating, too. Thought it was working as intended maybe.
11-27-15, 06:02 PM   #33
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
I thought you have to use the secure unit button template though?

Noticed the slightly delayed updating, too. Thought it was working as intended maybe.
Yes you do but it's different if you use your own custom inherited one, or the proper blizzard one.

Last edited by Resike : 11-28-15 at 06:01 AM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Bagnon causes restricted enviroment lock?