09-01-16, 07:35 AM   #1
Tokoz
A Murloc Raider
Scale options on the minimap

I noticed there are two specific options on the context menu on the map: min zoom level and max zoom level. I'm trying to use these to set the map so that it's zoomed in the way I like it when I log in, but will expand out when I'm tracking things and return to that size when it's done.

The problem is that my dyslexia plays with my brain on the settings and I can never seem to get it right. So, which one is the one that makes it so that as much of the map is visible at once (say, like seeing the entire world at once) and which one makes it so that I see as little of the outside world as possible? And which direction does that work?

Or if it's easier to answer with just the settings, what do I set to where if I want the tracking to use as much of the map as it needs? What do I set to where to make it so that it sets back to the zoom level I want for everywhere else?

I hope I'm not the only one that even considers using this option.
09-01-16, 08:58 AM   #2
Tokoz
A Murloc Raider
I was going off memory while the server rebooted, but the names of the options are Auto Scale Min and
Auto Scale Max.

Just in case you didn't know.
09-01-16, 09:10 AM   #3
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
The issue with those settings is that a lot of zones right now are considered dungeons instead of zones, so half the time when you logout and back in it's loading the dungeon scale instead of your max/min scale... I still need to think of the best way to handle that.
09-01-16, 09:55 AM   #4
Tokoz
A Murloc Raider
How would you set it if that wasn't an issue? It doesn't have to be perfect to be helpful.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Scale options on the minimap