11-06-16, 08:51 PM   #1
Tinibree
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thumbs up Map, quest tooltips, and FPS issues oh my!

I had two major issues that I managed to find the addon(s) that was causing the issue, so for devs to look into or for other people with these issues, here you go.

First, whenever I tried to look at quests on the blizzard map the tooltip disappeared behind the map and I couldn't see what I was looking at.

The other main issue was that when using the Carbonite map I couldn't see other zones. I could zoom out and mouse over them just fine but they won't change to being drawn in and viewable, therefore it was pretty much impossible for me to figure out what WQ I wanted to do.

And of course, I had the horrible FPS tank that seemed to be related to the Wardens Emissary, today doing it didn't fix it so, I sat down and disabled everything, and enabled things in batches, twice, and figured out what addons were causing each issue, at least for me. The former is caused by World Quest Tab (which was working fine for the first couple months I had it). The map was caused by, of all things, Adorable Hatchling Nests.

As for the horrible FPS thing, I turned off the old handynotes carbonite module that I apparently still had, and that fixed it a lot, I also finally listened to the masses and swapped out Recount for Skada and gained a lot more FPS. With those two things I went from 10 fps to 60 fps, so consider giving that a go and see how much it helps you!

I hope this was helpful to anyone having the same issues.

Now I get to find a new world quest addon that I like.

<3 to all the Devs new and old
11-06-16, 11:51 PM   #2
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Tinibree View Post
I had two major issues that I managed to find the addon(s) that was causing the issue, so for devs to look into or for other people with these issues, here you go.

First, whenever I tried to look at quests on the blizzard map the tooltip disappeared behind the map and I couldn't see what I was looking at.

The other main issue was that when using the Carbonite map I couldn't see other zones. I could zoom out and mouse over them just fine but they won't change to being drawn in and viewable, therefore it was pretty much impossible for me to figure out what WQ I wanted to do.

And of course, I had the horrible FPS tank that seemed to be related to the Wardens Emissary, today doing it didn't fix it so, I sat down and disabled everything, and enabled things in batches, twice, and figured out what addons were causing each issue, at least for me. The former is caused by World Quest Tab (which was working fine for the first couple months I had it). The map was caused by, of all things, Adorable Hatchling Nests.

As for the horrible FPS thing, I turned off the old handynotes carbonite module that I apparently still had, and that fixed it a lot, I also finally listened to the masses and swapped out Recount for Skada and gained a lot more FPS. With those two things I went from 10 fps to 60 fps, so consider giving that a go and see how much it helps you!

I hope this was helpful to anyone having the same issues.

Now I get to find a new world quest addon that I like.

<3 to all the Devs new and old
Those should be already fixed. Try latest from GitHub (link in my signature).

Maps in instances/bg/raids/dungs are now static... so u cant zoom or zoom out. Its a workaround for blizz restrictions in 7.1.

But u can always use Alt+M to see Blizzard orginal map.

Last edited by ircdirk : 11-07-16 at 03:37 AM.
11-13-16, 08:52 PM   #3
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
They don't need to be static, but it's all I had time for before I left for vacation. I will be implementing an option to toggle on or off the instance maps so if your in an instance you still have a way to view the world around you.
11-14-16, 01:32 AM   #4
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
They don't need to be static, but it's all I had time for before I left for vacation. I will be implementing an option to toggle on or off the instance maps so if your in an instance you still have a way to view the world around you.
It would be quite nice to have option to go to normal Carbonite map if we need to zoom out.

Another thing is that quests doesnt show on instance maps or in wrong places...

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Map, quest tooltips, and FPS issues oh my!