07-14-17, 12:09 PM   #1
G3n0unknown
A Murloc Raider

Map Auto-Zooming.

I've used carbonite for years. It's my favorite map. But ever since I returned from a year hiatus, it's doing this super annoying thing where it zooms in all the way. (Video currently uploading).

I've messed with multiple settings and I can't get the issue to stop. I've got the latest download from the site as well. Any insight would be great, as this issue ruins the map experience for me quite a bit.

EDIT:

https://youtu.be/4J7gJetOUuk

Last edited by G3n0unknown : 07-14-17 at 12:19 PM.
07-14-17, 12:48 PM   #2
Thrumbar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Have you tried slicking on Carbonite Map and selecting Save Map Scale once you zoom out to size you want...
07-14-17, 02:21 PM   #3
G3n0unknown
A Murloc Raider

I have indeed done this.
07-15-17, 04:08 AM   #4
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by G3n0unknown View Post
I have indeed done this.
Update to latest alpha release. Use Save Map Scale at desired scale then Restore Map Scale.
07-15-17, 01:55 PM   #5
G3n0unknown
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
Update to latest alpha release. Use Save Map Scale at desired scale then Restore Map Scale.
Where may I pick up the Alpha release?
07-15-17, 06:08 PM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Uh, GitHub should still have an alpha, but if you use the Curse\Twitch client you can set that to install alpha versions of addon's.

Just checked GitHub and there's NO alpha version there (at least none that I could find). So, if you don't use the Curse\Twitch client........

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 07-15-17 at 06:23 PM. Reason: more blah, blah, blah.
07-16-17, 02:36 PM   #7
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Uh, GitHub should still have an alpha, but if you use the Curse\Twitch client you can set that to install alpha versions of addon's.

Just checked GitHub and there's NO alpha version there (at least none that I could find). So, if you don't use the Curse\Twitch client........
Carbonite now has separated repos on GitHub for all modules and github version is always alpha version. But better to use Twitch Client to update all modules at once, alternatively u can use https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/carbonite (thats link only for Main Module).
07-16-17, 06:19 PM   #8
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Ahhh, thank you ircdirk. I didn't know that GitHub was always an alpha. But I did know about the splitting up of the modules now.

I feel like I need to explain: My computer fried late last August and I had to stop playing WoW until I can replace it. Since then I have been keeping (more or less) up-to-date with Carbonite's "doings" with a tablet (one that was 5 year's old when it was given to me by my son) which finally gave up the ghost about a month or so ago, when I started using my cellphone (an LG that is a bit past it's prime) until I got my NEW tablet. Still no computer, but I can stay up-to-date (more or less) with my tablet.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Map Auto-Zooming.