12-21-14, 04:47 PM   #1
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

Exclamation Known Issuses with other Addons

For the Moment following Addons are known as Incompatibe to Carbonite(Version6.0.3):

Without Error Messages:

if I missed one or new ones pop up I will edit this here
*for Npscan_overlay workaround for the moment, delete the carbonite_module in npscanoverlay, by using ALT-M (blizzdefault map ) you can see the overlay needs to be fixed in their code

Grettings Samyonair

Last edited by ircdirk : 08-31-16 at 01:53 PM. Reason: added URL
12-22-14, 01:28 AM   #2
Sparkplug
A Cyclonian

I'm running ArkInventory and Carbonite and not getting any errors. (Only thing that happens is the textures don't load right until I do a reload, which is easy enough to fix. Seems to effect certain icons like the Draenic Seeds regularly)
12-22-14, 03:33 AM   #3
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

ArkInventory and carbonite have problems in lvl 90 to 91 taananjungle

Greetings Samyonair
12-23-14, 02:28 AM   #4
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

added Lightheaded for the Moment , have to see what problems are and if we can make this compatible, but on meantime fixing bugs in Maincode stands in first row.

Greetings Samyonair
12-26-14, 01:36 PM   #5
dychem
A Defias Bandit
Zygor Guides

Carbonite used to work with zygor guides beautifully... is there anyway to reconnect this functionality
12-26-14, 01:52 PM   #6
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by dychem View Post
Carbonite used to work with zygor guides beautifully... is there anyway to reconnect this functionality
They work with Zygor. No problem on my side.
12-27-14, 01:49 AM   #7
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
They work with Zygor. No problem on my side.
They work until you decide to use Carbonite for Zygor's waypoints.

Last edited by nelegalno2 : 01-08-15 at 04:13 AM. Reason: removed the error logs, perhaps the thread could be cleaned up by deleting the unneded post?
12-27-14, 03:53 AM   #8
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

Have Copied your Post with Issues to a New thread,

to have this Thread clear for other postings, Discussions to Known Issues and possible fixes are better in a single Thread.

Greetings Samyonair
01-07-15, 09:15 PM   #9
antiquada
A Fallenroot Satyr
Lightheaded Version: v60000-1.2.0-2014-12-20

Just installed Carbonite map and quest today and am using Lightheaded Version: v60000-1.2.0-2014-12-20. Lightheaded seems to be working very well. The lightheaded quest info box comes up attached to the right side of the Carbonite quest box and is filled out out correctly. When I select a quest from carbonite quest box Lightheaded changes appropriately.
It actually works better than with the original Blizz quest box. I tried all sorts of lightheaded options and could never get it to come up on the right side and attached to the blizz quest box like it is working now.
It looks (and acts) just like it used to back in the old carbonite days.
01-08-15, 06:13 AM   #10
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Which version of Carbonite did you use? 6.00 or github?
01-18-15, 02:45 PM   #11
Chazzfazzle
A Murloc Raider

I think you can take WOW-Pro off the list. Tested this morning with latest releases of both and waypoints are being correctly fed into carbonite with emulation enabled. Working with and without TomTom loaded. It seems that the WOW-Pro team have set preference to carbonite though so TomTom will only work now if carbonite is not loaded. Can't say anything to accuracy of the guides but I am successfully questing with the carbonite arrow. \o/\o/\o/

Also: Some waypoints need to be manually removed after completion and manual tracking used for next objective to get tracking caught up but this was the case as well before 6.0 so nothing new there.
01-19-15, 12:53 AM   #12
10leej
A Molten Giant

Wow just noticed this thread. I request Click Menu to be marked incompatible.

I have not tried Carbonite myself as I don't have an active WoW install (I have however received a few queries into compatibility though), but if Carbonite adds an interactive frame above the minimap that will prevent the menu from generating for Click Menu.

However carbonite devs and users are free to contribute a patch for Click Menu or add some form of integration.
01-19-15, 08:46 AM   #13
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Click Menu, strictly speaking, is not incompatible with Carbonite. It only doesn't work if you have the Blizzard minimap and Carbonite minimap merged. Then if you right-click the minimap you get a Carbonite menu (as you should). It doesn't throw any errors (I have "BugSacK" and "!BugGrabber" installed) that I could see, it just doesn't get the right-click mouse event. Carbonite's map intercepts it first.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
01-20-15, 12:01 AM   #14
10leej
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Click Menu, strictly speaking, is not incompatible with Carbonite. It only doesn't work if you have the Blizzard minimap and Carbonite minimap merged. Then if you right-click the minimap you get a Carbonite menu (as you should). It doesn't throw any errors (I have "BugSacK" and "!BugGrabber" installed) that I could see, it just doesn't get the right-click mouse event. Carbonite's map intercepts it first.
Yeah kinda figured. Which is why I asked for it to be marked incompatible. It's because carbonite is blocking the Blizzard minimap frame with another frame.
01-20-15, 04:14 AM   #15
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by 10leej View Post
Yeah kinda figured. Which is why I asked for it to be marked incompatible. It's because carbonite is blocking the Blizzard minimap frame with another frame.
Actually it's not, there is an option to do so if the player want's to.
01-20-15, 10:08 AM   #16
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Where, and what's the option?

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
01-20-15, 10:25 AM   #17
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Where, and what's the option?
Interface > AddOns > Carbonite > Maps > MiniMap Options > Combine Blizzard Minimap with Carbonite Minimap
01-21-15, 12:57 AM   #18
10leej
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by nelegalno2 View Post
Interface > AddOns > Carbonite > Maps > MiniMap Options > Combine Blizzard Minimap with Carbonite Minimap
I'm taling on a level of programming. Carbonite will still make a frame that sits on top of the Blizzard minimap. (Plus i think jeffy mentioned doing this)
01-21-15, 02:25 AM   #19
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

Yes and no,

You have two options and are asked at first run of Carbonite if you want to move Blizz minimap into carbonite map. I for e.g. don't use carb minimap, because behavior of minimapbuttons has let me decide to use another minimap addon instead of both, that means my minimap is set in carb to use blizzminimap and is than overlapped by another addon.

That means Option 1 moved to carbonite map doesn't work with your code
Option 2 would work with yours because use of standard blizz minimap

for clarifaction my option don't work because I use option 2 but another addon minimap addon

I hope you understand why we say yes and no

Greetings Samyonair
01-21-15, 10:51 AM   #20
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

What Carbonite does is make another "minimap" for the user. Then they give you (the user) the option to merge their "minimap" and Blizzards default minimap. This gives you (the user) the "active node" gold icon, and the other icons, on the Carbonite minimized map (or minimap), which you would otherwise not get because there is no API to show it on other maps.

So there is another frame over the Blizzard minimap if you choose to merge the maps. It's just Carbonites minimized map.

If someone could come up with a way to add Click Menu to the right-click menu of the Carbonite minimized map, or add another menu to the right-click on Carbonites minimized map, that would be great.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: General Discussion » Known Issuses with other Addons