07-24-16, 12:42 PM   #21
WeaveDiva
An Aku'mai Servant

1047 - Niskara - Scenario for Holy Priest weapon
1032 - Vault of the Wardens (Demon Hunter)
1054 - Violet Hold Demon Hunter Scenario
1052 - The Fel Hammer (Demon Hunter Order Hall)

Some demon hunter quests show up in the quest log but not in the watch list, even though they are selected in the log. Bonus task in starting area is not tracking correctly...not showing percentage. Once I finished the bonus task, the quests showed up normally.

Assault on Mardum
Enter the Illidari: Coilskar
Eye on the Prize
Set Them Free
07-25-16, 12:27 PM   #22
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Mordralis View Post
Thanks for your response JW. However, that just partially answers my issue. Everything is working fine, as far as I can see - with the exception of garrison. For some reason the garrison lag is horrendous, with my FPS at 2 or 3. Once I leave the garrison however, it's fine. Just seems weird that the garrison is the only piece that is affected. Of course, in about 6 weeks, that isn't gonna mean much, since we won't be using the garrison anymore.
So, you're saying that we just have v6.2 to work with for the time being and any issues related to Carbonite to wait until fixes are implemented?
You're welcome.

Yes, and as ircdirk suggests, update Carbonite when you see new commits on Github.

For me, my garrison has always caused fps issues on my system. I also get serious lag in high populated areas like Dalaran for example and areas where there are a lot of active graphics like dungeons, raids, and Ashran. Hopefully when I finish refurbishing my desktop, a lot of that will go away since my laptop only has a 1.7GHz cpu and a crappy on board graphics card with minimal HD functionality.

All the best to you.
07-25-16, 07:01 PM   #23
Urtia
A Murloc Raider
I finally remembered to save the link to GITHUB im such a nooob lol.... Rythal thank you soo soooo very much for Carbonite I hadnt really played since patch day cause I was waiting on the update from Curse..... Thank you sooo much again!!!

Patrick
07-26-16, 09:38 PM   #24
WeaveDiva
An Aku'mai Servant

GetPos Err. 1099 - Ravencrest's Legacy (Scenario in Black Rook Hold)
07-29-16, 06:00 PM   #25
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Thanks for the reports.. and they are not being ignored, i'm just having one of those weeks from hell which has made it hard to code...or even type lol

Fractured my wrist so one hand /arm is out of commission.. hoping the pain levels will be down enough I can concentrate and sit in the next few days.

while fracture is normal, it's week from hell because my other arm is covered in scrapes and scabs, both legs hurt to walk... combined with catching strep while I was in the hospital, and smashing a 2 week old cell phone into an unsuable state.
07-30-16, 01:55 AM   #26
Fizgig1973
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Sorry to hear mate. Take care of yourself and heal up. As much as we love Carbonite and your work on it, RL comes first and that has to always be a priority.
07-30-16, 06:42 AM   #27
Mordralis
An Aku'mai Servant

Unhappy Still Lagging

Hey guys, I hate to be a PITA about this, but I don't know if it's something I'm doing, not doing, or just plain screwing up on.

I've downloaded the latest file from Github and unzipped it in the addon directory. I even removed all Carbonite files and reinstalled it. I even went as far as to do the repair of deleting the WTF, Interface & Cache files.

I've unchecked all addons and do them one at a time, logging in after each one. My FPS is 110 to 120 each time.

Yet, when I load Carbonite, my FPS drops to 2-3, and it's so lag/jerky that it's unbearable!

The strangest part about all this is that it ONLY happens when I am in my garrison. Once I leave my garrison, it clears up. Everyplace else is good - Ashran, Lions Den, SW, Dal, IF, Shatt. ONLY garrison is impacted.

If it weren't for the fact of trying to herb & mine, I would just set my hearth to Ashran. But in doing that I miss out on several things offered only by my garrison.

Can someone out there please help me?
07-30-16, 09:11 AM   #28
R_OReilly
An Aku'mai Servant
I've had lag in the garrison mainly when displaying mine/herb nodes. Similar issues in MoP, mainly Valley of the Four Winds around Halfhill. I've gotten in the habit of turning off tracking unless I'm actively gathering. Plus it's not like the garrison nodes move around or spawn more than once per day.

Once in a while I'll still get lag in the garrison without tracking, but that usually clears up by closing and reopening the map/minimap or flying out and back in to the garrison. Zone transitions have been doing weird things for as long as I've been playing WoW.

As for raid lag, I'm thinking about the built-in feature that lets you change graphics detail when in raids/dungeons. I had horrible lag on heroic HFC when I got my moose (#FriendshipMoose is the best!).
07-30-16, 10:35 AM   #29
Imajica
A Defias Bandit
I was able to fix my lag issue by disabling Lightheaded.
07-30-16, 02:13 PM   #30
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Thanks for the reports.. and they are not being ignored, i'm just having one of those weeks from hell which has made it hard to code...or even type lol

Fractured my wrist so one hand /arm is out of commission.. hoping the pain levels will be down enough I can concentrate and sit in the next few days.

while fracture is normal, it's week from hell because my other arm is covered in scrapes and scabs, both legs hurt to walk... combined with catching strep while I was in the hospital, and smashing a 2 week old cell phone into an unsuable state.
Sorry to here of your injuries and hope you get better soon. Rest, heal, and we'll see you back in action when you're ready.
07-30-16, 02:40 PM   #31
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Mordralis View Post
Hey guys, I hate to be a PITA about this, but I don't know if it's something I'm doing, not doing, or just plain screwing up on.

I've downloaded the latest file from Github and unzipped it in the addon directory. I even removed all Carbonite files and reinstalled it. I even went as far as to do the repair of deleting the WTF, Interface & Cache files.

I've unchecked all addons and do them one at a time, logging in after each one. My FPS is 110 to 120 each time.

Yet, when I load Carbonite, my FPS drops to 2-3, and it's so lag/jerky that it's unbearable!

The strangest part about all this is that it ONLY happens when I am in my garrison. Once I leave my garrison, it clears up. Everyplace else is good - Ashran, Lions Den, SW, Dal, IF, Shatt. ONLY garrison is impacted.

If it weren't for the fact of trying to herb & mine, I would just set my hearth to Ashran. But in doing that I miss out on several things offered only by my garrison.

Can someone out there please help me?
Everyone with and without Carbonite experiences steep drops in FPS in their garrisons now and then. For me, when that happens, I just exit the game and log back in which sometimes improves my fps. Reloading or logging off and back on can help with many issues related to addon or Blizz issues. It goes back to an old tech support question usually asked first, "Did you turn it off and then back on again?". It's interesting how even in this day that first step in troubleshooting computer issues can still solve or confirm problems with hardware, software, and in some cases operator error problems.

Also, since Blizzard changed the way they render graphics including adding more setting levels, it would be a good idea to check yours and try lowering some of your settings below recommended settings. With my laptop that I continue to disparage for its inadequate specs, doing that helped me a lot giving me as high fps as 15 in my garrison. On average I get 7 fps in my garrison and better everywhere else. A good tip when loading into your garrison after logon or hearthing is to wait (at least 10-15 secs) for everything to load before doing anything.

Finally, I am confident that your posts in this and other threads complaining about the same issue over and over has made it abundantly clear that you have an issue that you blame on Carbonite. Some of us have even replied, giving you tried and true advice for improving your fps. So I would suggest you now sit back and wait to see if a future update from Blizz or Carbonite might improve your fps issues on your system. Good luck, and I hope you eventually get your problem fixed.
07-31-16, 07:17 PM   #32
WeaveDiva
An Aku'mai Servant

Sorry to hear what you're going through! Get well soon

Here's another GetPos Err...1082 = Ursoc's Lair (Scenario for druid tank weapon)
08-02-16, 07:02 PM   #33
WeaveDiva
An Aku'mai Servant

The Nighthold (Raid) 1088
08-03-16, 09:37 AM   #34
Mordralis
An Aku'mai Servant

Exclamation Please Read In Entirety BEFORE Any Responses

Originally Posted by JWMcQuire View Post
Everyone with and without Carbonite experiences steep drops in FPS in their garrisons now and then. For me, when that happens, I just exit the game and log back in which sometimes improves my fps. Reloading or logging off and back on can help with many issues related to addon or Blizz issues. It goes back to an old tech support question usually asked first, "Did you turn it off and then back on again?". It's interesting how even in this day that first step in troubleshooting computer issues can still solve or confirm problems with hardware, software, and in some cases operator error problems.

Also, since Blizzard changed the way they render graphics including adding more setting levels, it would be a good idea to check yours and try lowering some of your settings below recommended settings. With my laptop that I continue to disparage for its inadequate specs, doing that helped me a lot giving me as high fps as 15 in my garrison. On average I get 7 fps in my garrison and better everywhere else. A good tip when loading into your garrison after logon or hearthing is to wait (at least 10-15 secs) for everything to load before doing anything.

Finally, I am confident that your posts in this and other threads complaining about the same issue over and over has made it abundantly clear that you have an issue that you blame on Carbonite. Some of us have even replied, giving you tried and true advice for improving your fps. So I would suggest you now sit back and wait to see if a future update from Blizz or Carbonite might improve your fps issues on your system. Good luck, and I hope you eventually get your problem fixed.
Yeah, that's my only option at the moment. I keep trying to explain the issue and no one seems to understand. I've been playing WoW for more than 7 years, and know that with each expansion and major patch update there is always lags in major cities. I also know about reloading, as well as the repair tool.

One thing that everyone seems to overlook is that this ONLY happens in the garrison...Now Ashran, SW, IF, DAL or anyplace else, JUST the garrison. Once I leave the garrison area, everything is great and my FPS bumps up to 140+/-. Everyone also seems to overlook that I have removed ALL addys, then loading one at a time, and logging in after the one is loaded, and check the FPS, then log out and load another, rinse/repeat. I have even gone as far as to REMOVE all addys completely, reinstalling each one at a time, checking for lag, then install another, rinse/repeat. In all cases, everything is fine until I load Carbonite, and again, only when I am in my garrison. I've checked all my system and video settings, and although they are recommended as the highest level for my system, I set most of them to one level lower, a couple that are more intensive to 2 levels lower. Although my system (desktop PC, not Mac or laptop) is not an extreme gaming system, it is very high end. I keep all drivers updated and clean junk & malware regularly. So I don't see how this could be anything except a Carbonite issue.

I'm not trying to PO anyone, and it was only because I wanted to report a possible issue to help others that I even reported it. While I do appreciate those who gave advice and tried to help, I just wish that someone would read the entire issue and my attempts at resolution before making suggestions I have already tried and making me out to know know what I'm talking about.

I don't expect Rythal to jump at every little issue, and know that he has a life beyond the exceptional work that he has done since taking ownership of Carbonite. I just ask for anticipated resolution ETAs, and report issues that no o.ne else has reported.

I'll sit back and wait for Legion to pop and see if the problem resolves itself or still is confined to garrisons, which will no longer be used. I waited and used alternatives for over a year in MoP for Carbonite updates, so I can wait again if need be.

Thanks
08-03-16, 01:47 PM   #35
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
The issue crops up not just with increased lag, if you use the map while in the garrison funny things can happen like icons not resizing or moving.. You don't even need to be in the garrison, just having the map display the garrison area on the map triggers it.

I have not had the issue happen anywhere but garrisons, nor have I seen it happen in Legion area's so it hasn't been a high priority for fixing... it is definitely known and will be looked into however.
08-03-16, 01:58 PM   #36
Mordralis
An Aku'mai Servant

Age of Dinosauers

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
The issue crops up not just with increased lag, if you use the map while in the garrison funny things can happen like icons not resizing or moving.. You don't even need to be in the garrison, just having the map display the garrison area on the map triggers it.

I have not had the issue happen anywhere but garrisons, nor have I seen it happen in Legion area's so it hasn't been a high priority for fixing... it is definitely known and will be looked into however.
Thanks Rythal. At least someone read the post to see what I was saying! I'll try loading Carbonite while in my garrison and open the map to see what transpires. Ordinarily I have no need for the map in my garrison so I never open it while there. My icons and frames are all ok...it's just you plain ole everyday lag. Try to turn around and it takes 2 days to make an about face! (Exaggerated, but you get what I mean)

That being said, Legion comes out in 27 days. I have a cadre of level 100 toons so will be to busy leveling them in Legion to give birth to another and go thru the garrison again. So unless you get others with the same issue, just chalk it up to gremlins in mine and don't knock yourself out over it. I'd much rather be assured that Legion will work with no issues with Carbonite, than to fix a "rare" issue in a specific area that I most likely will not go to again.

Thanks for your understanding.
08-04-16, 08:25 PM   #37
WeaveDiva
An Aku'mai Servant

GetPos Err 1086 = Malorne's Nightmare

Hope you'll doing better Rythal
08-05-16, 08:07 AM   #38
Dromboarstag
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Imajica View Post
I was able to fix my lag issue by disabling Lightheaded.
Would just like to add my agree to this. I was getting horrible lag when I installed the new folders. When I took out Lightheaded, it cleared up and now I'm good.
08-06-16, 08:39 PM   #39
Haggisdog
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
FPS Drop

I'm having the same issue... FPS drops to 1 or 2 when I load Carbonite so its some what encouraging to see others having the same challenge. This happens in Garrison but I haven't tried anywhere else. I'm running the latest version as distributed by Curse.com. I'll check lightheaded as suggested.
08-06-16, 09:32 PM   #40
Thrumbar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Haggisdog View Post
I'm having the same issue... FPS drops to 1 or 2 when I load Carbonite so its some what encouraging to see others having the same challenge. This happens in Garrison but I haven't tried anywhere else. I'm running the latest version as distributed by Curse.com. I'll check lightheaded as suggested.
The Curse release is out of date you should be using the one from the Git. Others have the link in there post or can supply it here.

The latest version of Carbonite can be downloaded from https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite/archive/master.zip

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Lag when Carbonite is EnAbled