01-16-13, 01:01 PM   #1
kojimep
A Murloc Raider
"Every" quest showing on map/minimap including ones I cannot do yet.

Does anyone know how to turn off the yellow exclamation point on the map/mini-map for the quests that are unavailable to the toon, such as higher level ones or ones further in a chain.

It's extremely annoying to have 20 quest icons on the map when I can only actually complete or pickup 2-3 at that time.

Would my only option be to turn off the carbonite mini-map completely?

01-16-13, 07:13 PM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
if it's showing on the carbonite map that's because it's showing on your world map (alt-m) ... the only way to have it not show is to turn it off there.

01-16-13, 07:38 PM   #3
kojimep
A Murloc Raider
I just checked, I can hit Alt-m and none of the questions marks are there, but they show on the carbonite map. Even if I uncheck show objective they still show on the carbonite map.

01-17-13, 12:50 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, you can try this: On the Carbonite Quest Watch (quest tracker) header (the part with the colored buttons) there are two "arrows" on the left side. Click the second one (if you hover it the tool tip will say "Priorities").
This one: (Please click the images for a larger version. Might open in a new browser tab or window.)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Priorities Menu Button.jpg
Views:	758
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	7518

You can try adjusting the two quest giver level sliders in that menu.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Quest Giver Levels.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	7519
There is also a quest giver level option on the "Quest" page of Carbonites options, but I am unsure of exactly what it (or any of them, really, since i don't mess with them) does.

I hope this helps you with your problem.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

01-17-13, 02:06 PM   #5
kojimep
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the tip, it got me closer to what I want, now it only shows the quests that are my level, but it still shows all quests for that level, like part 4 of a quest chain when i'm only on part 1.

On an unrelated question, does anybody else have issues with mop quests suddenly not being trackable in the quest watch list. On mine sometimes the white button on the left side of the quest that toggles the watching on and off turns orange and can't select it.....

01-17-13, 03:03 PM   #6
Rexall51
A Murloc Raider
Same problem here with the yellow ! on carb map, I turned off show objectives on the game map and they are still showing up on carb map and I adjusted both quest giver sliders under priorities to 90 and they are still there.

01-18-13, 03:00 AM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If you adjust both sliders to 90, then EVERY quest will be shown on the Carbonite map regardless of the quest level.

I think the idea would be to adjust the first slider to something close to, but below, the level your character is currently.

Then adjust the second slider to something close to, but either equal to or slightly higher than, your characters current level.

It's nice to have that option available, but you have to constantly be adjusting them every time your character levels up. That's why mine is maxed out on both sliders. I have something like 38 characters, and that would be a major p.i.t.a if I had to constantly keep changing those sliders.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 01-18-13 at 01:05 PM.

01-18-13, 04:42 AM   #8
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
I have something like 38 characters

Completely off topic here but OMG! I have trouble progressing my measly 8 toons!

Time to call Altoholics anonymous?

01-18-13, 01:03 PM   #9
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by JimJoBlue View Post

Completely off topic here but OMG! I have trouble progressing my measly 8 toons!

Time to call Altoholics anonymous?
ALSO completely off topic, but, yeah. The really sad thing is that I've been playing for about four years and have no max level characters. How messed up is that?

01-18-13, 02:40 PM   #10
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Pretty messed up.

When MoP came out I started a Pandaren monk. He's around level forty, give or take. My previous main is level 85, and was never "raid ready" for Cata. And I haven't played at all in a couple of weeks. I have a couple of dozen other toons on various servers that I haven't touched in ages. How messed up is that?

03-07-13, 03:47 AM   #11
funktion
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
fixed!

if you click on the little yellow orb in the quest tracker labeled "show quest givers" it toggles between off (light white), On, (yellow) and Daily's (baby blue). Changing it to the baby blue got rid of all the quest ! for me in SW and elsewhere.

03-07-13, 12:16 PM   #12
NoggenFogger
A Cyclonian
Interestingly enough... i don't have the yellow orb on the quest watch window anymore. I'm not sure when that was removed for me since I'd never really used it before.

I'm using 5.2.1 alpha 4 so that may have something to do with it. I'm not sure.

03-07-13, 12:21 PM   #13
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
It has to be a bug in the beta that we don't have it (and explains the gap in the buttons, I always wondered why it was there :P)... i'll look into it

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » "Every" quest showing on map/minimap including ones I cannot do yet.