11-30-09, 03:56 PM   #1
vblars
A Murloc Raider

Autoshoot for hunter

I just love your Nui addons.

I would like a Autoshoot bar for hunter.

vblars

11-30-09, 05:54 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

What do you mean by an "Autoshoot Bar"?

11-30-09, 11:24 PM   #3
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Stop me if you've heard this one...

A priest, a druid and a shaman walk into an autoshoot bar....

No? never mind then...

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

11-30-09, 11:50 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
Stop me if you've heard this one...

A priest, a druid and a shaman walk into an autoshoot bar....

No? never mind then...
*rolls eyes*

11-30-09, 11:53 PM   #5
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
*rolls eyes*
Gimme a break here... I'm out of practice in making my off-topic remarks..

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

12-01-09, 12:43 AM   #6
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
Gimme a break here... I'm out of practice in making my off-topic remarks..
Slacker!!

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

12-01-09, 05:56 AM   #7
vblars
A Murloc Raider

Hi.

I mean like Kharthus's Hunter Timers so we can see when we are going to fire ours auto shot.

vblars

12-01-09, 06:20 AM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Unless Scott wants to incorporate something similar, mainly due to him having a hunter, you should find that the addon you mention will work fine alongside nUI. If there are problems let us know what they are in case they are resolvable.

12-01-09, 06:18 PM   #9
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by vblars View Post
Hi.

I mean like Kharthus's Hunter Timers so we can see when we are going to fire ours auto shot.

vblars
I'm just curious, but why do you want to see when auto shot will fire?

Just last night I had a conversation with a Guildy about this very thing. He was unaware that changes had been made to the way Hunter's shots were used and timed and that Auto Shot could no longer be "clipped" by using Arcane/Steady/Serpent/ etc etc. Auto Shot can only really be stopped or interrupted from firing by constantly moving around and of course by clearing your target. It was a nice change Blizz made awhile back.

12-02-09, 07:43 PM   #10
vblars
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Vis View Post

Just last night I had a conversation with a Guildy about this very thing. He was unaware that changes had been made to the way Hunter's shots were used and timed and that Auto Shot could no longer be "clipped" by using Arcane/Steady/Serpent/ etc etc. Auto Shot can only really be stopped or interrupted from firing by constantly moving around and of course by clearing your target. It was a nice change Blizz made awhile back.
That I wasn't aware. I've recently had a year off and just started again. That was before Wrath of the Lich King, so if any changes were made I do not know anything about it. And I begin to find out that there are many changes that I know nothing about.

I am accustomed to have auto shoot and therefore want to use it again. But why have other addons have not removed it ?

Perhaps it is not necessary any more. But I would like to see it anyway and we do not know if Blizzard go back to the old system again. So it's a good idea if you move a lot to stop at the right time to auto-shoot. This is the best way to use it.

vblars

12-20-09, 03:28 PM   #11
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by vblars View Post
That I wasn't aware. I've recently had a year off and just started again. That was before Wrath of the Lich King, so if any changes were made I do not know anything about it. And I begin to find out that there are many changes that I know nothing about.
A nice place to get caught up on Hunter stuff, but I don't recommend posting there. While they are rather snooty and can be fairly mean, those math nerds know how to theorycraft!

http://elitistjerks.com/f74/

12-21-09, 10:28 PM   #12
Pollox
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by Vis View Post

Firstly, I want to say hello to everyone. I've only been using nUI for a couple of weeks now and am loving it.

Secondly, I use the autoshot timer in battlegrounds. I'm usually constantly in motion, but will pause just enough to let the autoshot fire and then start running again. While I haven't made it into raids on my hunter, I've read that the same usage can be applied there. It is just a way to keep up a little dps while still moving out of the fire.

12-27-09, 02:09 PM   #13
vblars
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Pollox View Post
Firstly, I want to say hello to everyone. I've only been using nUI for a couple of weeks now and am loving it.

Secondly, I use the autoshot timer in battlegrounds. I'm usually constantly in motion, but will pause just enough to let the autoshot fire and then start running again. While I haven't made it into raids on my hunter, I've read that the same usage can be applied there. It is just a way to keep up a little dps while still moving out of the fire.
exactly my idea with this thread.

vblars

12-30-09, 11:56 PM   #14
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I'll keep this in mind for nUI6.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » Autoshoot for hunter