12-18-10, 03:08 AM   #1
momondo
A Defias Bandit
Smile What class to roll?

Hey! i have 1 level 85 and 2 level 80s that i liked alot when i was leveling, i leveled a hunter, a death knight, and a druid. but i always get bored at top level, so i would like to make sure i like the next class. i don't like tanking, i like dps and heal (mostly dps). i like that the character is easy to level-up, and i like to do some pvp once in a while.
also i like to have some opportunities to change my roll. ( its not needed ofc )

If you need more info, just tell me.
Thanks

Last edited by momondo : 12-18-10 at 03:24 AM.
12-18-10, 03:15 AM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Would help if you mentioned what classes you have already leveled up. You just mentioned the levels.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
12-18-10, 03:25 AM   #3
momondo
A Defias Bandit
Oh yeah :P, leveled hunter, Death knight, and druid. and i also have a paladin twink at level 70.
12-18-10, 05:53 AM   #4
simko
A Murloc Raider

shaman seems right then
12-18-10, 09:48 AM   #5
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Shaman are pretty fun - levelling enhancement is almost as easy as levelling as a retribution paladin (or kitty druid). Their healing style is fairly unique, the totems give you a good way to boost your power for soloing group quests, and they're one of only 2 classes that allows you to choose to either DPS at range or at melee.
12-18-10, 10:59 AM   #6
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Priest. Friends tell me they are actually quite hard to play now as disc/holy. Seems a challenge to me. Disc and shadow are both viable in pvp.
12-26-10, 06:15 AM   #7
Kendian
A Molten Giant

I'd have to agree with Simlo, shammy is just plain fun.
12-30-10, 09:25 AM   #8
Astrocanis
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by Kendian View Post
I'd have to agree with Simlo, shammy is just plain fun.
Have they changed the totem quests? I got sick of running all over the planet to get them (the barrens :/ ).
12-30-10, 08:25 PM   #9
Taryble
A Molten Giant

I believe they've been removed, in fact.
12-31-10, 12:57 AM   #10
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

I play an Enhancement Shaman as my main. I love him very much. I played TBC as Restoration, but I always had the interest of going Enhancement. Once WotLK came along and gave me the opportunity to do so, I never looked back. Now I use Restoration as my Dual Spec, but I rarely ever use it.

One of the things I like about Enhancement Shamans is that, afaik, they are the least played specialization/class in the game. Shamans being the least played class, and Enhancement being the least played talent tree. (Though, I think now that we're in Cataclysm, Enhancement seems to be a little bit more popular!)

I just love being an Elemental Melee Bloodlusting Battering Ram!!!!!! I just love the whole idea of Shamans, and being Melee was the way I wanted to go
01-03-11, 04:23 AM   #11
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Cralor View Post
Shamans being the least played class, and Enhancement being the least played talent tree. (Though, I think now that we're in Cataclysm, Enhancement seems to be a little bit more popular!)
While that is very much subject to realm and faction, on an average (according to WarcraftRealms) both rogues and warlocks are played less than shamans over the last 30 days.

I also believe that of the three trees available to shamans, Enhancement is the most used build, with an offspec for restoration, particularly for leveling. However, I'm only basing this on my instincts rather than facts, so I admit I could be dead wrong, but it does make sense seeing as how Enhancement is indisputably the easymode leveling spec for shamans (much like Retri was for pallies and Frost was for mages).

03-22-11, 06:00 AM   #12
Psychoholic
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I moved to another country and I had to get WoW for US instead of EU.
So I had to level a new character.

This time I decided to level a warrior and a priest. Now, at level 60, Shadowpriest is a lot of fun. Disc is a lot of fun too.
03-22-11, 08:45 AM   #13
culso96
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by momondo View Post
Hey! i have 1 level 85 and 2 level 80s that i liked alot when i was leveling, i leveled a hunter, a death knight, and a druid. but i always get bored at top level, so i would like to make sure i like the next class. i don't like tanking, i like dps and heal (mostly dps). i like that the character is easy to level-up, and i like to do some pvp once in a while.
also i like to have some opportunities to change my roll. ( its not needed ofc )

If you need more info, just tell me.
Thanks
Hi, as i understand you like to dps :P
I would have starting with a priest to dps/heal with OR i would go for a warlock.
they are both spellcasters but since you like to heal i thought that wouldnt be a problem

PS: Shaman is also a great healing/dps class.
04-14-11, 08:40 PM   #14
Rosa
A Fallenroot Satyr

I'm still a relative WoW newbie, but I thought I'd chip into this thread anyway!

I couldn't decide which class(es) to roll, so I tried out most and found out that way! After a lot of experimenting, and a bit of deleting, I now just have two toons - a worgen balance druid and a goblin demonology warlock. Druids are awesome due to their diversity, but you say you've already gone down that path. My warlock is my main toon and I have to say, I have the time of my life playing this class! I get to do ranged dps, which is my preference, and do cool things like breathe underwater, bring the dead to life, summon demons and steal souls, which is awesome! Also, as a demonology warlock, I love using different demons for different occasions - and I can't wait to level up and get down to the bottom tier of the demonology talent tree so I can activate metamorphosis and transform myself into a crazy ass-kicking demon when the situation calls for it!

Basically, for fun alone, I'd suggest warlock - it's frickin' awesome! (And I've not even got to the extra cool stuff yet!)
05-21-11, 04:08 AM   #15
[email protected]
A Defias Bandit
Its not hard to get a Death Knight leveled up fast ;-) But they can be fun. If you ask me, I think frost mages are the best. I suspect Blizzard may be biased toward them, since it relates to the name of their company. All classes are close though as far as how good they are, and they are all worth playing.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » What class to roll?