05-27-10, 01:12 AM   #1
pauen
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How to make a UI?

like some like iLive, spartan UI, Micro UI and MiserUI. where just about everything matches , as well as font.. thanks..

---------------------
Glyph of Mortal Strike
Glyph of Execution
Glyph of Rending

---------------------
Glyph of Charge
Glyph of Battle
Glyph of Bloodrage
05-27-10, 02:31 AM   #2
Wella
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Funnily enough I don't think we have an FAQ to do with this.

It's a long and complicated process my friend, but I tend to split it up into two phases: during the first, you must select all the addons you wish to use. (Some of these are likely to change during the course of your designing, but as long as you have decided on the main ones, you'll be fine.) To help you with this I would suggest using Vranx, a website which has a list of good addons for any purpose. Once you have an addon for each of the main sections in the list (UnitFrames, Chat, Minimap, Buffs/Debuffs, etc), you will then enter phase two, which is basically entering the game and configuring every single addon to exactly the point you want it. Obviously I can't tell you how to do this right now, because every addon does this in a different way, but you'll usually start by typing the addon's name preceeded by a forward slash in the editbox - for example, to configure Pitbull, you would type '/pitbull'.

To change the font, you'll need at least one .TTF file (up to four) and you will need to create a folder in your World of Warcraft directory called 'Fonts'. Inside this you must place up to four font files (if you only want to edit one or two or three of them, that's fine, the other font/s will still be left as the default ones):
- 'ARIALN.ttf' - The font used in the chat box, info panels, etc.;
- 'FRIZQT__.ttf' (Yes, that is a double underscore, don't miss it) - The font used for the names of NPCs, items, spells, etc. and used on most interface buttons;
- 'Morpheus.ttf' - The font used for quest log text and mail text;
- 'skurri.tff' - The font used to display critical hits in Blizzard's default combat text.

Don't get frustrated if it takes you forever or something doesn't work. If you think an addon just isn't doing what you want it to, or it doesn't suit you personally, then uninstall it and try a different one from Vranx. That website really is a saviour in terms of deciding which addons to use, especially for beginners.

Good luck, young one!
* ncHoverBind - I'm a Lock, what can you expect?
* oGlow - Agan, a missing feature
* Recount - Derp
* ShooShards - Another missing feature

"Your idea is good. So i will try it."
- popmissa
05-27-10, 09:04 PM   #3
Raxnor
A Cliff Giant

WoW Vranx UI looks amazing wish i could make something like that
05-28-10, 01:25 AM   #4
Wella

Well, read the post he made about it, it tells you quite a bit about it. I'm quite annoyed he hasn't posted a link to it, because I also think it looks wonderful and I've love to give it a shot.
* Recount - Derp

- popmissa
06-07-10, 02:49 AM   #5
Epissa
A Murloc Raider

send the same message also

Last edited by Epissa : 06-07-10 at 02:55 AM.
06-07-10, 02:53 AM   #6
Epissa
A Murloc Raider

Firstly you should know the basic knowledge of wow ui. the you can try to Imitating the works of others,learn the idea of them. when you konw what you should do ,download simple ui from the website and try your best to make them a whole.Step by step ,not so long ,you can make your own ui.

PS.Also you should learn some LUA language.It is very important in the later period.

Hope to see your UI ~~
06-07-10, 04:04 AM   #7
Wella

Everything Epissa said, except for the LUA part. I think you should definitely understand it and know how to work with it/change basic things if the time comes, but it's really not necessary to make a UI. However, if later on you feel like you should, then go for it, because it's a good skill to have.
* Recount - Derp

- popmissa
06-11-10, 02:43 AM   #8
Epissa
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Wella View Post
Everything Epissa said, except for the LUA part. I think you should definitely understand it and know how to work with it/change basic things if the time comes, but it's really not necessary to make a UI. However, if later on you feel like you should, then go for it, because it's a good skill to have.
e...I mean make a UI is like TUKUI LUI ....I don't know how to describe ,sorry for my english~

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » How to make a UI?