03-07-09, 06:27 PM   #1
Semhirage
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Druid shapeshift bug: Kitty Stealth

Found a new issue/bug, and after reading the patch notes, and everything I remember reading over the 150 pages, this hasn't been brought up/mentioned anywhere.

I've been leveling up a 30 something druid, and having a blast in kitty form. Until i set up nui on that char and went into prowl. My bars didn't change at all. I know with the blizz default action bars I get an effect similar to a rogue going into stealth, ie., I have a different set of buttons when i go stealth/prowl than i have when in normal form. Is this a bug/limitation of the ui, or is this something that was merely overlooked and can be fixed.

Not a huge issue, just might mean I'll have to use a different ui setup on my druid. =(

(I <3 NUI )

03-07-09, 08:52 PM   #2
Apraxia
Clippy Crit Chicken

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Semhirage View Post
Found a new issue/bug, and after reading the patch notes, and everything I remember reading over the 150 pages, this hasn't been brought up/mentioned anywhere.

I've been leveling up a 30 something druid, and having a blast in kitty form. Until i set up nui on that char and went into prowl. My bars didn't change at all. I know with the blizz default action bars I get an effect similar to a rogue going into stealth, ie., I have a different set of buttons when i go stealth/prowl than i have when in normal form. Is this a bug/limitation of the ui, or is this something that was merely overlooked and can be fixed.

Not a huge issue, just might mean I'll have to use a different ui setup on my druid. =(

(I <3 NUI )
I am a druid as well, sepc'd moonkin however. I can tell you nUI seemed a little daunting at first figuring out the bar sittuation. This is what I found to be true.

- Shapeshift buttons will be located directly above the main cast/attack bar
-In normal form is one spell bar that is unique
- In boonkin form my spell bar switches but it shares the same bar as the on on the far right bottom side underneath the combat log/map box thingy
- cat and bear form each change to different bars when shifting however neither of those share a bar with what's visable.
- You just gotta be carful. Look at how spots hightly when you drop a spell/attack into place a see if it shows up in two spots.
- You'll need to shapeshift to EACH form and set up the bar how you liek.

hope this helps

03-07-09, 09:45 PM   #3
Semhirage
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Apraxia View Post
I am a druid as well, sepc'd moonkin however. I can tell you nUI seemed a little daunting at first figuring out the bar sittuation. This is what I found to be true.

- Shapeshift buttons will be located directly above the main cast/attack bar
-In normal form is one spell bar that is unique
- In boonkin form my spell bar switches but it shares the same bar as the on on the far right bottom side underneath the combat log/map box thingy
- cat and bear form each change to different bars when shifting however neither of those share a bar with what's visable.
- You just gotta be carful. Look at how spots hightly when you drop a spell/attack into place a see if it shows up in two spots.
- You'll need to shapeshift to EACH form and set up the bar how you liek.

hope this helps
I'm not having issues with the regular shapeshifting so to speak, all the bars switch the way they should and the way I expect, with the exception of when i go into prowl while in Cat Form. The bar is supposed to swap like it does when a rogue goes stealth, but it doesn't

And I'm using the 5.03 alpha build

03-07-09, 11:59 PM   #4
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is not a bug... it's how the default Bliz action bar engine works... you can verify this by disabling all mods and then shifting into kitty form and going stealth... you'll find that the bar does not change.

I'm going to guess you were using Bartender or Bongos or some other bar mod previously which offered the kitty stealth feature. Right now nUI uses strictly the 120 action buttons that Bliz supports. In due time, I will be adding support for more advanced bar features such as you're referring to, but not for a while yet.

Sorry.

(I <3 NUI )

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

03-08-09, 05:50 AM   #5
Apraxia
Clippy Crit Chicken

Premium Member
I'm not having issues with the regular shapeshifting so to speak, all the bars switch the way they should and the way I expect, with the exception of when i go into prowl while in Cat Form. The bar is supposed to swap like it does when a rogue goes stealth, but it doesn't

And I'm using the 5.03 alpha build
Eh, I used cat form quite a lot in my leveling days almost 2 years ago and never touch a bar mod nor a UI until I hit 70 october before last. Regardless, no addons, bar only ones, and then UI's I've never switch to prowl and got a different bar that I can remember

03-08-09, 05:53 AM   #6
Semhirage
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Apraxia View Post
Eh, I used cat form quite a lot in my leveling days almost 2 years ago and never touch a bar mod nor a UI until I hit 70 october before last. Regardless, no addons, bar only ones, and then UI's I've never switch to prowl and got a different bar that I can remember
You would both be correct in this. My S.O. informed me she installed bartender for me (damn sharing a computer a some times) that was only enabled for my druid. When I switched to nui on the druid, i never realized that said functionality wasn't "standard"

I retract my bug statement. Though a possible "enhancement" wouldn't be too far off.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Druid shapeshift bug: Kitty Stealth