05-16-07, 08:41 AM   #1
DJCDude88
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

eePanels -- Levels?

So I installed eePanels yesterday and was messing around with it, I was trying to put one panel on top of the other and then some addon (an actionbar, table, map, etc.) on-top, or inside I guess, of that. I figured out how to adjust the level of a panel so it overlaps another but then the addon is hidden underneath it, how do I fix so that they remain on-top even with two panels underneath?
05-16-07, 09:10 AM   #2
Diabolique666
An Aku'mai Servant
depends what "level" actionbar uses...try to keep panels level low as possible tahts all you can do im affraid....
05-16-07, 09:13 AM   #3
DJCDude88
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Well, I know when I tried to put my map over two panels, it was underneath a Level 1
05-16-07, 09:37 AM   #4
cy-one
A Kobold Labourer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Than you have to increase the level of the map
05-16-07, 10:37 AM   #5
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

The default settings of the mods and their levels should not cause any issues with items overlapping in the manner that you speak of. So the best thing to do it not mess with the levels.

eePanels will overlap eachother when they are made without using the levels setting. As I have noticed, the newest one made will overlap the previous one. As to why you are wanting to overlap a panel I am not sure though, since they are used to compartmentalize other addons or screen features, and overlapping them kind of takes away from that concept. But that is just me.
05-16-07, 11:27 AM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Unless one or both have images in them... In my AuraBlue UI, there are two eePanels around the minimap. One serves as the backdrop and has about 30% transparency, the other has an image which overlays the minimap and has a transparency of 0%.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-17-07, 07:22 AM   #7
DJCDude88
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Well I wanted to put different panels (each with its own set of addons) for certain parts of my interface put into a larger panel just to kind of make it uniform yet organized. Idk, maybe I'm sorta missing the point of their usage, I did wiki info on it
05-17-07, 07:57 AM   #8
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

No, I have seen people do that before, I just didn't think of that till Seerah said something, then it dawned on me. I myself have never been a layer person when it comes to making UI's, as I like to make use of as much space as possble.

Here is my UI using eePanels - Screen

But as for the layers, You shouldn't have to worry about it since the newest layer you made should overlap the previous one anyways (if I recall correctly).
05-17-07, 08:59 AM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yeah, so much more can be done with eePanels than just a box here or there. In my regular SS UI though, I just have one eePanel at the bottom of the screen. Makes it easiest to adjust if needed that way.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » eePanels -- Levels?