Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
09-03-12, 12:45 AM   #11
scorpionjs
A Murloc Raider
What authors should or should not do.

What do we need to do to get a 1 minute post from the authors of this add-on? Sure, they are busy, just like I am, but the information they need to provide is very simple: 1. Yes, we are working on an update. 2. No, we are not working on an update. 3. We are still deciding whether or not we will be able to support this add-on.

Many of us pay for Curse premium and are thus paying at least something for these add-ons. I believe that's worth at least one minute of their time to make an announcement.

If this add-on has copyright laws and the author doesn't wish to relinquish control over to anyone, that also needs to be announced before good samaritans find themselves entangled in legal issues.

I really like the Carbonite add-on for the google earth style maps and the quest handling. Few addons are as accurate with the quest arrows, the main competitor for my taste is wow-pro which is also currently broken. The blizz tracker and map is still not up to snuff.

So, in the end, I would like to see the original authors update this addon, or relinquish the controls to a team with time. What I think I deserve as a paying customer is at least a minute's worth of time to make a formal statement. I don't believe that's asking too much of anyone.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 5.04