07-19-10, 11:05 AM   #21
Nitearrow01
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
addon is creating more chat boxes

when i install nUI : InfoPanel [GuildChat] or nUI : InfoPanel [Whispers] i get the chat box on the right side of the sceen. But it also creats other chat boxes on the other side of the screen. I'll post a screen shot of what im talking about. Even though i close the extra chat boxes soon as i reload they come back. if i disable nUI : InfoPanel [GuildChat] or nUI : InfoPanel [Whispers] then the boxes go away after i close them and they dont come back when i reload. they are only there when nUI : InfoPanel [GuildChat] or nUI : InfoPanel [Whispers] is loaded

Last edited by Nitearrow01 : 07-19-10 at 11:08 AM.

07-19-10, 11:50 AM   #22
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Did you used to use the old infopanel chat plugins ? If so these could be carry overs from the old addons which used to use ChatFrame3 and ChatFrame4. Just delete them, log out and log back in. The Chat3 and Chat4 frames shouldn't be created again.

Even better would be to do the following:

1. Disable the plugins totally.
2. Log back in and close/delete/dock any windows that are floating that shouldn't be. These could be caused by the addons ( although I did test this part thoroughly ) or be a carry over from the old plugins ( I am sure this is the most likely reason ).
3. Enable the plugins again.
4. Log back in and you should see the new chat frames on the right. And on the left the Chat Frames you are expecting.
5. Log out and disable the plugins.
6. Log in and you may now see a chat frame docked to the main chat frame that tracks the respective chat messages the plugins they were initially being used by. My tests either found this or confirmed that they were removed entirely on log out.
7. Log Out and re-enable the plugins and you should find that they have grabbed their respective chat frames again and are using it for the purpose they were designed for.

If steps 6 and 7 do not show this then please show me what is happening as it shouldn't be doing anything different.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

07-19-10, 11:53 AM   #23
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Also, what version of nUI are you using and what version of the infopanel chat frames are you using ? There may be a compatibility issue with the latest version that I am not seeing or I haven't installed the latest version of nUI ( although I thought I had ).

I am sure I tested them thorough before uploading and only had those frames appearing the one time when I first used the addon.

Also, how many frames do you have when you first activate the plugins. If you have too many chat frames in use it will have problems creating the chat frame.

Characters:

07-19-10, 03:27 PM   #24
Telepavarion
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Hi Xrystal,

I can tell you that I have the same problem. I useing nui 5.06.28 and 5.06.29 and your latest Chat addons without the Guild chat Plugin, but with Prat. After a reload my Main char has the PVP chat tab attached to the main chat frame.

For me the "Chat 4" is the PVP chat, but i think at his config the "Chat 3" has it to be.

The crazy thing is, that these chat tabs he marked are shown in the chat config files of WoW as show = 0, but nUi with Prat together use show them. Look on the other Thread about Chattabs are disappearing and you'll have a better description.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

07-19-10, 04:17 PM   #25
Nitearrow01
A Murloc Raider
Im using the newest versions i just downloaded them all not even 24 hours ago i just started using the nUI addon and i am using the plus version. i have deleted the chat boxes and have exited the game and came back and the boxes come back

07-19-10, 04:41 PM   #26
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Telepavarion View Post
Hi Xrystal,

I can tell you that I have the same problem. I useing nui 5.06.28 and 5.06.29 and your latest Chat addons without the Guild chat Plugin, but with Prat. After a reload my Main char has the PVP chat tab attached to the main chat frame.

For me the "Chat 4" is the PVP chat, but i think at his config the "Chat 3" has it to be.

The crazy thing is, that these chat tabs he marked are shown in the chat config files of WoW as show = 0, but nUi with Prat together use show them. Look on the other Thread about Chattabs are disappearing and you'll have a better description.
Hmm, can you try it without Prat active just in case they are doing something with the frames before my addon's get a look in. I haven't been using prat recently as the default chat settings seem to be working the way I want so far and I am not seeing the problems you are reporting.

The way my addons work is to see which frames are docked and shown and then use the first available frames that do not fit this bill. They also talk to each other to see if another of my addons are using a frame. Perhaps prat is utilising certain frames but because I am not aware of it my addons are not able to guess at what frames are in use and which are not.

Characters:

07-20-10, 08:13 AM   #27
Telepavarion
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

So yeah it has to do with Prat.

After I deinstall Prat completly (lua and lua.bak too) starting WoW and first I see the Bug again, close the Window and Tell my PVP Window to use Whispers too.

After login in and login out, everything seems know alright.

Only one thing I discover, That the Chat tabs, aren't in Position before a /rl with nUI 5.06.28. Then Updating to nUI5.06.29 and I see another Bug.

Look at the Screenshot and you'll see under the Header of the Chat tabs a Black Box. Don't know why this thing is there, because I never See it there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_072010_144651.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	261.6 KB
ID:	4626

Another thing is that with 5.06.29 isn't a Chat tab attached to the main chat visible. It first comes visible after an /rl. With 5.06.28 there isn't these Problem.

So then:
I install Prat again. First thing thing is that Prat configs is swipping and you can't do anything, because an Addon is grabbing Frames. Well with nUI 5 it works. At the moment I search the Addon causing this.

But what I do at the moment, that Bug with the Chatframes comes again. I think something try to introducing Chat tabs every time a reload is done. If doing more and more /rl I coming to the point that the "Chat 10" is displaying and after that there are also extra Chat tabs to, but without a header. The only thing you can do to remove them is to right click to nothing and have luck to place the mouse right and than you can remove that tab. So really strange what's there happening.

Let you know then something new is coming.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

07-20-10, 09:15 AM   #28
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm, I'll try reloads and see if I get similar problems with the chat frames being created on the main tab but I was sure I tested that thoroughly but without prat installed.

Characters:

07-21-10, 01:34 PM   #29
Nitearrow01
A Murloc Raider
Ok I disabled all my add-ons, logged in and removed all the extra chat boxes, then restarted the game logged back in without any add-on enabled to check to make sure all the extra chat boxes are still gone. So i restarted the game and enabled all my add-ons all but the guild and whisper add-on and logged in and there are no extra chat boxes. Then I restarted the game once again and logging in without enabling the guild and whisper add-on to make sure the extra chat boxes are still gone. Now i restarted again and enabled the guild and whisper add-on and logged in to the game everything looked fine and working. Then i restarted the game and logged back in to the game with the guild and whisper add-on enabled still, the 2 extra chat boxes came back. Now if i leave those 2 extra chat boxes up and restart the game and login with the 2 add-on still enabled i get 4 extra chat boxes. These boxes are not attached to the general chat box they are a floating chat boxes

Last edited by Nitearrow01 : 07-21-10 at 01:37 PM.

07-21-10, 04:17 PM   #30
AsheruWolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
Im getting a problem every once in a blue moon my chat boxes are moved randomly out of the chat area. A /nui rl fixes it but I was wondering if anyone else gets this. It normally seems to happen after logging off an alt and back on to my main.

07-29-10, 10:26 PM   #31
Nitearrow01
A Murloc Raider
i guess there is no fix for this yet still get extra chat boxes when i exit the game and come back in

07-30-10, 06:22 AM   #32
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
While testing for another ongoing chat frame problem I noticed that Prat in conjunction with my chat frame addons gets messed up and creates opening chat frames I had previously closed. Now my addons test for shown/docked status in the same way as blizzard and the extra check I use to keep my own addons from using each others chat frames but unfortunately I can't change Prat to do the same thing.

However, in light of the other problem I mentioned, Scott is changing the main chatframes set up to not change things once Prat starts doing its stuff. It may solve your problem. It may not.

As to my being able to stop the extra windows from being created I cannot. My addons only create 1 frame per addon.

nUI_InfoPanel_Whispers and nUI_InfoPanel_GuildChat generate new windows that are not docked or shown or used by any other nUI_InfoPanel chat addon. On logout it releases the frame in the same way the blizzard ones do when you right click the tab, select unlock then select close. That marks it as not docked and not shown and thus an unused frame. Somewhere along the line though Prat seems to think it needs to be loaded. Whether it is because they are only tracking what blizzard does and not what happens to the frame itself I don't know.

All I can do to rectify this is not allow the addon to be used with Prat which would be unfortunate as I know alot of people like to use it. I actually stopped using it when the new real ID stuff came out as it caused more problems than the one little thing I used it for ... font changing.

However, I will try and see if I can figure out what Prat does to the frames and see if I can identify the cause of the problem.

This is the other thread regarding chat frame issues.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=33966

Characters:

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » chat edit box problem