06-30-13, 09:49 AM   #1
Mashugana
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Minimap confusion

I am an idiot - I have never understood how the whole 'put the Carbonite map into the mini-map thing works'. I want Carbonite to show quest blobs, Gathermate nodes, and stuff like flightmasters, etc. That's it.

Is there a very basic tutorial or quick set of instructions? Once I say yes to put the map in the minimap, does that mean I HAVE no minimap and I just adjust the larger map? The minimap is now a view of that?

Very confused - sorry - ty for help

06-30-13, 10:55 AM   #2
jeruku
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just to clarify Carbonite BETA VERSION is the version one should be using. This is for individuals who happen across this thread that have not already upgraded and may have further questions.

To answer your first question; in short, no.
Second question; no and yes, Carbonite "docks" the minimap and manipulates it to blend in with itself.
Third question; vice-a-verse, this ties in with the above answer. The minimap blends into the view of the small Carbonite map and they essentially compliment each other.

To simply undock and make Carbonite leave the Minimap alone; Carbonite options, Maps, MiniMap tab, and uncheck Combine Blizzard Minimap with Carbonite Minimap.

Quick notes:
Carbonite may work with Gathermate, haven't checked in ages, but it already has a built in node module. Carbonite Nodes does not need to be loaded for this functionality but it is required to load Carbonites default nodes into it. This is done by going to Carbonite options, Guide & Gather, Gather tab, and importing while Carbonite Nodes is enabled in your addon list. Additionally, Carbonite has a routing function that will route all available nodes of a specific type in the zone.

As of late I've noticed Carbonite only displaying 1 quest blob and that's for the currently tracked quest. However I'm not sure if this only applies to Pandaria quests or not.

The map should already display icons regarding flightmasters, mailboxes, etc. If, like in my case, the icons are visible but only barely then you can right-click the map and go to scale.

06-30-13, 12:34 PM   #3
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
First off... You are not an idiot, just a little wet behind the ears. We were all noobs once lol (I even show my noob occasionally)

jeruku is correct, you should be using the beta version that he has posted.. Support for the release version is not going to happen.
You can also get it by right clicking carbonite in Curse and going to "release version" and selecting "alpha".

The alpha is basicly Carb 2 and we are all eager for Rythal to release it, but he's got more stuff to fix first..

I recommend you merge the maps as that's what I use.. Some people prefer to not merge the maps, but that's their preference.
When you merge the maps you get a movable and re-sizable map window that has all the functions of the maximized map.. including the "google maps" zoomy feature.. Press "m" to swap between the two.

In regard to your worry about gathermate.. Like jeruku said, there is a database of nodes that is a part of carb..

My thread can help you getting that part working..
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=46397

Another thread that will help with the more advanced parts of gathering. (It's the origional thread and it's prettier too)
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=25905

jeruku, the single quest blobs thing should only be in the pandaland quests.. These ones are read by carb by using the blizzard quest api. (which is why its not perfect) The rest should be in carbs own internal database..

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Minimap confusion