09-11-12, 12:24 PM   #1
Lateralus88
A Defias Bandit
LFD button missing....

Hello is anyone else getting the same thing? I cant seem to find the LFD button so i cant teleport out and in....

09-11-12, 12:37 PM   #2
Cootre
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Lateralus88 View Post
Hello is anyone else getting the same thing? I cant seem to find the LFD button so i cant teleport out and in....
Same. I know the Carbonite addon update was pushed before todays patch, but I didn't download/install until after 5.0.5, so I can't say whether to blame the patch, the addon, or some combination of the two.

Please fix if possible, that button is a pretty big deal to me.

Also, is there a way to roll back to the previous Carbonite, just to see if the button still works?

(I did try Options > Map Minimap and changing number of rows, readding the buttons to the minimap (w/ reloadui) and removing the buttons from the minimap again (w/ reloadui) to no avail.)

09-12-12, 04:36 AM   #3
zeldanoyousei
A Defias Bandit

I am having the same issues.... I have no clue how to get it back on without disabling carbonite..

09-15-12, 12:17 PM   #4
tgwaste
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Any word on when this will be fixed?

09-15-12, 01:43 PM   #5
neezy26
A Kobold Labourer
Missing dungeon "eye"

Yes, any word on when this will be fixed? I've tried everything that others have tried as well including disabling everything but carbonite and I still have the same issue. Please let us know if it is at least being looked into.

09-15-12, 02:29 PM   #6
Lateralus88
A Defias Bandit
a way to get around the button.....

what ive been doing for now is if i know im going to use LFD or pvp i would go into the carbonite options and then uncheck the minimap - carbonite option then it reloads ur UI and then if ur gonna quest recheck the option and re reloadui kinda tedious but its somthing to use until they put a update.

09-16-12, 03:01 AM   #7
suppie
A Murloc Raider
noticed the same thing couple days ago thought i was somet to do with the last patch, disabled carbonite and it came back please fix love this addon

09-16-12, 01:25 PM   #8
lazyfrosch
A Kobold Labourer
Here is the solution:

The frame MiniMapLFGFrame got renamed to QueueStatusMinimapButton

Open Carbonite.lua on line 25269 and add "QueueStatusMinimapButton" to the array (don't forget commas and the quotes):

Lua Code:
  1. local mON={"NXMiniMapBut","GameTimeFrame","TimeManagerClockButton","MiniMapWorldMapButton","MiniMapMailFrame","MiniMapTracking","MiniMapVoiceChatFrame","MiniMapBattlefieldFrame","MiniMapLFGFrame","MiniMapInstanceDifficulty","QueueStatusMinimapButton",}

/reload

and you are done

09-16-12, 07:55 PM   #9
udontcme
A Kobold Labourer
if i go to line 25269 it say : local wx,wy=self:GWP(maI,(oX+bX*256)/1002*100,(oY+bY*256)/668*100)

what i did was loking for the word "MiniMapLFGFrame" and replased that line

09-17-12, 04:41 AM   #10
Babas
A Defias Bandit
Exclamation @Lazyfrosch

Most excellent. I replaced the line with your text and it works perfectly. Thanks tons!

09-18-12, 01:07 AM   #11
tgwaste
A Defias Bandit
brilliant. much thx!

09-18-12, 10:16 AM   #12
Sadir00
A Kobold Labourer
not much of a programmer, anyone that can copy their fixed file and send it to me? would be much appreciated.

09-19-12, 02:30 AM   #13
suppie
A Murloc Raider
thanks found the fix on another members post works perfectly now

09-19-12, 05:46 PM   #14
Kaeil
A Kobold Labourer
Where do I open the carbonite.lua? Do I do this ingame or do I need to do it from the harddrive where it is installed. I am not the best at computer things like this, but would like to be able to fix the button issue. Thank you.

09-19-12, 06:11 PM   #15
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Kaeil View Post
Where do I open the carbonite.lua? Do I do this ingame or do I need to do it from the harddrive where it is installed. I am not the best at computer things like this, but would like to be able to fix the button issue. Thank you.
You would have to open it from your hard drive. You can, however, do this while in-game if you wish.

"alt + tab" out of the game back to your desktop. Open your hard drive and go to your "Path to your WoW folder\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\" folder and open the "Carbonite.lua" file in the editor of your choice. Make your changes and SAVE THEM before closing the file.

"alt + tab" back into your game, and reload your UI. You can do this by typing /reload in chat.

REMEMBER: You MUST reload your User Interface for those changes to take effect if you make them while playing WoW.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

09-19-12, 07:24 PM   #16
blayzeh02
A Murloc Raider
so i can't open the darn thing unless I know what program to open it with? Can someone help me? I am not a computer programer so need help figuring out which program to open the file with so I can add the "QueueStatusMinimapButton" I am sick of looking at two diff maps because carb forgot to add that last little bit

09-19-12, 07:41 PM   #17
Chmee
A Molten Giant
You can open any .lua file with any text editor.

09-19-12, 09:57 PM   #18
blayzeh02
A Murloc Raider
OMGoodness!!!! I am beside myself with giddy joy! lol I downloaded a free trial of some textpad thing and I opened it up and searched in the search bar and found the line I needed, added the line I was supposed to, held my breath, opened wow and reloaded the UI and HOLY COW IT WORKED!!!!! You guys are GENIUS!!!! My head was spinning with all that code I had to look through before I found the search option....you guys are truly amazing! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » LFD button missing....