03-27-09, 10:29 AM   #1
BIORAGE
A Defias Bandit
Modifying some of Nui elements

First off, I would like to say that this UI brings a tear to my eye. Thank you for all of your hard work.

I am playing on my 42" LCD HDTV and let me tell you it looks great...though some of the UI elements are quite small. I have gone through and scaled up the Action bar, and fonts to my liking, but I have a few questions about some other elements. I don't have a problem with modifying code, and have been looking at the code some today but if i could get pointed in the right direction that would help.

The Auras (buffs/debufs) on the player and target are extremely hard to read, if there was a way to go through and scale up the elements that would be great.

Cooldown text alert beings that i scaled up the action bar, the text alert gets covered up, can you point me to where the x y location is so i could move them up.

the last is the HUD debuf timer icons/txt if i am able to scale up the target auras then this is not a big deal...if not then if i could scale these up and possibily move them that would help out alot too.

If any of these are going to be TOO much of a pain just let me know...

03-27-09, 10:57 AM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Not a problem at all.

For the most part, everything you need to edit is in [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > Default ] with pretty much zero exceptions.

The auras on player/target/pet/vehicle are all located in [ Layouts > Default > UnitPanels > {panel mode} > *.lua ] -- search for the ["Aura"] section in the player, target, pet and vehicle skin files... Section [2] is, I believe, the one that controls the aura bars on the left and right sides of the screen.

Note there is one of those for each panel mode... so there's a solo player, party player, raid 10 player, etc.

The cooldown bars are defined in the HUD layout files... [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > Default > HUDLayouts > {hud mode} > nUI_HUDLayout_{hud mode}.lua ] including size, location and text layout. Likewise, the HOT/DOT bar's location is defined in the nUI_HUDSkin_{hud mode}_Target.lua files in the directories

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

03-27-09, 12:45 PM   #3
BIORAGE
A Defias Bandit
Thanks, i will take a look at the code again and will let you know if i have any other questions.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Modifying some of Nui elements