01-11-06, 10:36 AM   #1
Dragoncroft
A Murloc Raider
Keybinding Issue in DAB

I'm sure I'm being a total moron but for the life of me, I don't seem to be able to get the keybindings I have assigned to my various bars/floaters to show on the buttons. E.G., if a button is bound to F12, I'd like F12 to show on the button.

I'm using DAB3.0 and I just don't see an option to control this in any menus.
01-11-06, 10:38 AM   #2
jkw
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Dragoncroft
I'm sure I'm being a total moron but for the life of me, I don't seem to be able to get the keybindings I have assigned to my various bars/floaters to show on the buttons. E.G., if a button is bound to F12, I'd like F12 to show on the button.

I'm using DAB3.0 and I just don't see an option to control this in any menus.
I've got the same problem AND my keybindings resets when i change character.
01-11-06, 10:44 AM   #3
Roane
A Theradrim Guardian
To the OP, click Keybindings on the left of the DAB window, then click that Auto Configure button at the bottom. This worked for resetting my keybindings, and then put the numbers on the appropriate buttons. If this stuff isn't assigned right (per the auto configure), I don't think the numbers will show up on the buttons either.
01-11-06, 11:26 AM   #4
Dragoncroft
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the reply Roane.

I tried what you suggested but still, no joy. Turns out I'm experiencing the same thing as the other poster and just didn't realize. My keybindings aren't saving between logouts. I've tried creating a new profile with DAB, reset the keybindings up and soon as I log in and out, they're gone. My Blizzard ones are holding fine.

Only change I've made in the last day or two is I added Loz's Group Buttons and, of course, the 1.91 update

Guess I'll prowl the forum and see if anyone else had this problem and found a solution
01-11-06, 11:35 AM   #5
Killariel
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
some things to try...

1) Open up the WoW keybinding interface and make sure the box in the upper-right hand corner is checked - individual bindings for characters.

2) Set all of you Dab specific settings at the same time using the DAB keybind Interface.

3) Go back and set your non-dab bindings in the WoW keybind interface.

4) Log out.

This should do it...
01-11-06, 11:51 AM   #6
Dragoncroft
A Murloc Raider
Thanks...using the DAB keybindings did fix it. I guess it doesn't make a difference but it was nice to be able to set those in the main blizzard keybinding menu along with all the other keybindings. Not sure why it broke as it was fine last night and the DAB bars are still listed in the main keybindings.

I can't imagine what a pain it is for the mod author's to work with Blizzard's undocucmented changes.
01-11-06, 02:34 PM   #7
legion87
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Killariel
some things to try...

1) Open up the WoW keybinding interface and make sure the box in the upper-right hand corner is checked - individual bindings for characters.

2) Set all of you Dab specific settings at the same time using the DAB keybind Interface.

3) Go back and set your non-dab bindings in the WoW keybind interface.

4) Log out.

This should do it...

I hit the check box for character keybindings

did /dab and set my key bindings through that menu

went back to the wow keybinding window and rebound my movement keys (just so something new would save) and when i logged out everything was reset again ><
01-12-06, 12:51 PM   #8
Dragoncroft
A Murloc Raider
The only other thing I did as to create a new profile before I set the keybindings up in DAB rather than in the WoW keybindings. Maybe that would help you?

I haven't been able to tell if the change in how keybindings work is a bug with the 1.9 Discord patch or a change that happened with patch 1.91. Tuesday keybindings were fine, Wednesday they didn't work.
01-12-06, 01:17 PM   #9
Neska
A Defias Bandit
the Action bars are shared for all characters so if u change them in a character they will be changed in the toher, so it's another bug
01-26-06, 01:57 AM   #10
Fanuilh
A Murloc Raider
Wow, this keybinding bug is incredibly annoying. I'm at the point of dropping DAB and using something else. I've tried everything stated above, and each time I log out or "/console reloadui" it just resets to nothing. Arrg! This is frustrating.

I don't want to use something else because DAB > everything, but seriously, I use my hotkeys everyday and I can't live without em.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Keybinding Issue in DAB