06-01-07, 10:25 AM   #21
Morsker
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thank you so much for working on this again. This is my favorite addon. It does wonders to help cut down on the anonymity of the Internet... I don't necessarily use it as a "Never group with this person again" list, but just to remember when people are rude or annoying, so I can take this into consideration if I end up dealing with them again at a later date. It's very helpful.
09-08-07, 11:42 AM   #22
Ault
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Bl4ckSh33p
Hi! Very nice addon!
But it seems I found an Issue with special chars in names.

I added a char with a á in the name (was my target) but when I rightclick it in the badapples window and chose Edit to add a reason a new Entry is added with a name consisting of all chars after the "special char".

example:
Edit "Isábel" > Got new Entry "Bel"
I have the exact same problem. Apart from that, it is a great addon, very useful!
09-28-07, 08:17 PM   #23
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Hey Cirk, just wanted to let you know that the Badapples tab covers the Muted Tab on servers with voice chat enabled.
You can still click on both, but it is hard to read either, not really a supergamebreakingzomg problem, but I thought you might want to know.
Here is an SS.
Ah yes, forgot to mention, when you click on either the muted tab or the badapples tab, you can no longer see the other.

Last edited by Nynaeve : 09-28-07 at 08:25 PM.
09-28-07, 10:02 PM   #24
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Nynaeve
Hey Cirk, just wanted to let you know that the Badapples tab covers the Muted Tab on servers with voice chat enabled.
You can still click on both, but it is hard to read either, not really a supergamebreakingzomg problem, but I thought you might want to know.
Here is an SS.
Ah yes, forgot to mention, when you click on either the muted tab or the badapples tab, you can no longer see the other.
Ah thanks for that Nynaeve! I'll see if I can get a fix out soon (especially since I also forgot about the new chat tab that was added to the bottom of the social frame).

In the meantime, you can use /bad toggletab to make Badapples put a tab (with a picture of an apple ) on the right-hand side of the social frame to work around this. You can also use /bad notab to disable the tab entirely, and just use /bad show when you want to actually see or edit your badapples list.

Thanks!
-- Cirk
09-29-07, 03:10 AM   #25
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Awesome, thanks for the workaround.
10-04-07, 05:28 PM   #26
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Minor issue in 2.2

"Muted" and "BadApples" now occupy the same part of the friends frame since 2.2
10-04-07, 06:12 PM   #27
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Wowgamer233
"Muted" and "BadApples" now occupy the same part of the friends frame since 2.2
Direct your attention 2 posts upwards.
10-05-07, 04:12 AM   #28
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Badapples updated to v2.2.1 to fix the tab problem that Nynaeve reported (thanks Nynaeve), and to allow Badapples to play nice with the new bottom tab (if you use Badapples with the bottom tab enabled via /bad toggletab)

Cheers
-- Cirk
04-09-08, 02:52 PM   #29
pzykho
A Murloc Raider
OMG ... awesome addon... totally love it!!! YES.

But, here are some things i like to mention:

- The group invite request frame is kinda buggy (might be the reason of ui scaling?) - Is there anything known to other users of this addon?
http://img20.imageshack.us/my.php?im...8224341zh5.jpg

- I dont really like to have the warning in the chat- and combatlog. Any way to change that?
http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?i...8224352sf6.jpg

Thanks for this essential addon!

Last edited by pzykho : 04-09-08 at 04:00 PM.
04-15-08, 07:51 AM   #30
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by pzykho View Post
The group invite request frame is kinda buggy (might be the reason of ui scaling?) - Is there anything known to other users of this addon?
Thanks for the screenshot pzykho. I've not seen this problem myself yet, but will have a look and see if it could be scaling related, or whether I just overlooked a problem here with recent patches.

Originally Posted by pzykho View Post
I dont really like to have the warning in the chat- and combatlog. Any way to change that?
Badapples is trying to show the warning in the "current" chat frame and looks through them all to find this. In your case, since you have both the default chat and combat frames showing, it puts it in both. I'll fix that so it will only show it in the first one it finds that is "showing"

Cheers
-- Cirk
04-15-08, 04:20 PM   #31
pzykho
A Murloc Raider
Geez...

I actually dont believe that you would respond to this thread, because the last one is more than a year ago ...

But thanks a lot for responding and editing your addon.
I really REALLY love and need this addon.

THANKS a lot !
05-18-08, 04:34 AM   #32
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Apologies pzykho (and everyone), I completely failed to actually update this here on wowinterface after I'd gotten it working with fixes for the bug that pzykho described (brain fade ).

So, um, yeah, updated now...
02-25-09, 03:18 PM   #33
Thuren
A Kobold Labourer
Thanks for an awesome addon. This is exactly what I've been looking for, as now I don't have to completely /ignore people. Is this still being developed?

I would love to have some sort of guild share function. I trust my guild mates' judgement, and if they say someone is a bad apple, I'd rather not have to find that out myself.
02-25-09, 05:56 PM   #34
Phanx
Cat.

Thuren,

If nothing needs to be fixed or changed, no active development is needed. As for guild sharing, I personally would prefer to not see that added to Badapples. That's one of the reasons I use Badapples instead of one of the numerous other "bad player list" addons -- it does one thing, simply and well, without a bunch of extra features I don't need. If you need that feature, check out one of those addons.
11-21-09, 07:11 AM   #35
Chitzu
A Kobold Labourer
Is there any possibility that you could make some sort of report code? so that you get another popup or something to report in Party/raid/Guild by using /bad report, or something like that..

Would be really useful incase you're joining a pug for some reason and that dude is on the badapple list for various reasons, better then typing it all out.
11-23-09, 02:09 AM   #36
Phanx
Cat.

If you want to share information about your "bad apples" with friends or guildmates, there are plenty of addons out there that do that. Badapples is not one of them, and I'm fairly confident that it will stay that way.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Cirk's Badapples