12-04-11, 12:33 PM   #1
Grungra
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Unhappy Tyra Magic Macros needs an update.

This wonderful addon had been working just fine until 4.3 patch hit and deprecated some of the API that it uses to function, my knowledge of Lua is pretty limited, if someone has some time to take a look at it and revive it would make myself and others that use it very happy.

Just to add, author seems to not play anymore hence the lack of updates for a while.

Thanks.
12-04-11, 05:09 PM   #2
Lunyra
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ye, it's a big pain in the bum

I'm rather crippled when it comes to easy creation of Misdirection Macros on my Hunter at the moment.

Perhaps some other mods author can have a look at it and look for a solution? I fear it wont be fixed if not.

And i doubt there is an Alternative around aswell, because i spend a full day on that already.
12-05-11, 09:57 AM   #3
Lunyra
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Currently using Easy Misdirection. Also seems abandoned tho, but it works for now.
12-08-11, 07:46 PM   #4
tordenflesk
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
It's frustrating as hell that this genius addon is being abandoned(as is MTarget which seems to be he only thing that's even close to TyMM), and there's no real place to go ask for help in patching up addons, or request someone recreate It's functionality.
I see addons getting fanfixes for ages after the original author's gone despite there being plenty of better alternatives, and this "unique snowflake" gets barely any attention. There has to be SOMEONE fluent in LUA able to come to our rescue!
My lazy Misdirection/Earth Shield/Focus Magic/etc-habbits crave it!
12-08-11, 08:19 PM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you're interested in fixing an addon, but have no idea where to start, posting the error message(s) the addon is triggering is generally a good first step. Many of us are don't have time (and/or aren't interested) to fix random addons, especially when doing so usually creates some expectation that we'll continue maintaining and/or supporting them, but are able and willing to give you suggestions and help out with specific questions if you post them on the forums.
12-09-11, 06:16 AM   #6
tordenflesk
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ok, when loading, it gives this error:
Code:
1x table: 1F46C868
nil

Locals:
nil
The bit after "1x table: " changes on every login.
I also used to get errors regarding the GetNumMacroIcons() function, which I believe many macro-related addons needed 4.3-updates , unfortunately I don't have those in my BugSack anymore. Hopefully, if I can get the addon loaded I'll post any subsequent errors.
12-09-11, 12:38 PM   #7
Lunyra
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
This is the error i get:

Message: Interface\AddOns\tmm\TMM.lua:706: attempt to call global 'GetNumMacroIcons' (a nil value)
Time: 12/09/11 19:41:13
Count: 1
Stack: Interface\AddOns\tmm\TMM.lua:706: in function <Interface\AddOns\tmm\TMM.lua:310>
(tail call): ?
[C]: ?
[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:5>
(tail call): ?
...orPickerPlus\libs\Ace3\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:543: in function `EnableAddon'
...orPickerPlus\libs\Ace3\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:636: in function <...orPickerPlus\libs\Ace3\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:621>
[C]: in function `LoadAddOn'
Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:274: in function `UIParentLoadAddOn'
Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:348: in function `TimeManager_LoadUI'
Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:614: in function <Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:582>

Locals: <none>

Last edited by Lunyra : 12-09-11 at 12:42 PM.
12-09-11, 02:17 PM   #8
tordenflesk
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Yup, that's the same one I got. The way I understand it GetNumMacroIcons() has been removed, so it would need to be replaced EditMacro().
12-10-11, 12:12 AM   #9
Phanx
Cat.

Are you sure you guys have the latest version? I just downloaded it, and that error message you posted does not match up (not even close) to the actual code in the specified file.

Anyway, there will still be changes required even if you update your copy. I don't have time to fix the macro icon options right now, but you should be able to avoid the errors for now by removing this line in tmm.lua:
Code:
local temp1=GetNumMacroIcons()
and then running a search-and-replace to change all instances of:
Code:
temp1
with:
Code:
After doing this, you should probably not touch any of the macro icon options.

If I have some spare time this weekend I'll try to post an actual fix.
12-10-11, 12:16 AM   #10
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

They got it off curse, it's a few versions forward: tmm
12-10-11, 06:05 AM   #11
Lunyra
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
So i replaced all:
Code:
temp1
with
Code:
And:
Code:
with:
Code:
local 1000=EditMacro()
This stops the LUA Error but TMM still doesn't show up in the Addon Interface menu, meaning you can't configure the addon.
12-10-11, 07:06 AM   #12
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

This isn't even valid Lua, and since it's likely code which is in the main chunk, WoW isn't loading it (and this is why you aren't getting errors).

Code:
local 1000=EditMacro()
The variable "temp1" was being assigned with the return value of the GetNumMacroIcons function (which is a number), and then being used in various places in the code so as to not call the function repeatedly. Phanx was merely saying to get rid of the function usage and use a hard number. Nowhere was it stated to create a variable named "1000" (which, again, is not valid Lua) nor to assign the return value of an EditMacro function to it.

Get rid of the code line I listed above, and it should (hopefully) Just Work (TM).

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
12-10-11, 08:23 AM   #13
tordenflesk
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Neither R30 or r39 loads properly with these fixes. r39 gives the "1x table: ", r30 gives the one Lunyra posted.
12-10-11, 11:50 AM   #14
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Ok one more try for the non-coders.

'temp1' is the name of a variable, like 'fruitbasket' is the name of a container.

GetNumMacroIcons() equals a number telling us how many apples are in the fruitbasket.

temp1 = GetNumMacros() in plain english means:
"Get the number GetNumMacros() returns and put it in temp1"

What Phanx suggested was to replace GetNumMacros() (that no longer exists as a function in 4.3 with a number directly.

so..

Code:
temp1 = 1000
You just went and did:
"This is no longer called a 'fruitbasket' that contains 10 apples, it's now called '10apples'"
12-10-11, 01:21 PM   #15
tordenflesk
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I did exactly as Phanx instructed and it made no difference. Here's hoping he has the time this weekend to help us typewriter-monkeys.
12-10-11, 11:09 PM   #16
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Lunyra View Post
So i replaced ...
Code:
with:
Code:
local 1000=EditMacro()
Why would you do that? My instructions clearly state to delete that line, not modify it...
12-11-11, 03:05 AM   #17
Phanx
Cat.

Anyway, there was another function removed in 4.3. For you guys who posted that my previous fixes did not work, it would have been helpful for you to post the new error message you were getting. I can generally look at code and read forums while I'm at work, but I don't have WoW installed there, so I can't actually load addons and test anything. I don't have time to do anything in WoW during the week, and the less time I have to spend testing addons on the weekend, the more time I can spend actually playing.

The attached file should fix all errors related to changing macro icons. Put it in your "tmm" addon folder, overwriting the original "tmm.lua" file.
Attached Files
File Type: lua tmm.lua (113.0 KB, 814 views)
12-11-11, 04:20 AM   #18
Lunyra
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
So far it works. It shows up in the menu and allows you to create macros. It just gives errors when trying to assign custom icons, but if you leave that option unchecked it works fine.

However when disabling all addons and leave TMM enabled it shows the following error:

Code:
Message: ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:20: Cannot find a library instance of "AceGUI-3.0".
Time: 12/11/11 11:16:25
Count: 1
Stack: [C]: in function `error'
Interface\AddOns\tmm\libs\LibStub\LibStub.lua:23: in function `LibStub'
...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:20: in main chunk

Locals: (*temporary) = "Cannot find a library instance of "AceGUI-3.0"."
Once i enabled FishingAce which also uses ACE3 it worked just fine. So you NEED another ACE3 enabled to make TMM work at the moment.

Just gotta test a Random Dungeon to see if Auto Assigning MD works, will report back later with the results.

EDIT:

Random Dungeon Tank assigning works great, dunno about Raid yet. Got a Raid tonight so will see, but i doubt any of that is broken really.

Last edited by Lunyra : 12-11-11 at 04:58 AM.
12-13-11, 12:54 PM   #19
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Here's line 20 from AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:
Code:
local gui = LibStub("AceGUI-3.0")
Maybe all you need is an instance of "AceGUI-3.0", which "FishingAce" has in its' "Libs" folder, but TMM does not. I'm guessing that's why there's an error for it when run alone but not when run in conjunction with "FishingAce".

You could probably copy "AceGUI-3.0" from the FishingAce "Libs" folder and paste it into your TMM "Libs" folder and fix the error when not running any other addons. Although, and I'm not sure about this, you might have to edit the TMM "embeds.xml" file (to add the new lib to it) to make it work right.

Of course, I could always be wrong, and I'm sure someone will step in and correct me if I am.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
12-14-11, 06:25 PM   #20
Grungra
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thank you Phanx for the fix.

Thank you for fixing the addon, as others have mentioned some library is missing if the addon is run by itself, which is a packaging problem and easily corrected if you install ace3 as and indepentent addon.

Only question is what would cause for the icon not to show on the configuration menu when you are selecting one. It used to be when you used the slider along with the number of the icon you are selecting when you use custom icons, the icon itself would show to the right, and it's drawing a blank even though the icon will change to whatever number you selected.

As a workaround the icon itself for the macro will change if you have it visible on one of your action bars at the time you are making your change.

Again thanks for the fix.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Tyra Magic Macros needs an update.