05-05-11, 03:28 PM   #1
Blia
A Fallenroot Satyr
Auto Loot Chooser

Hello.

First of all, sorry for my English, I hope you'll understand me anyway.

I have an idea for an add-on that I would name "AutoLootChooser" but since I don't know coding at all, I suggest it to you here.

The addon would automatically choose, instead of the player (but according to his preferences), the item that appears in the loot, after a boss has been killed.

This is just a mockup-image but here is what it could look like :

The goal of such an addon would be to avoid becoming a "ninja", these kind of situation can happen even if you are not a "thief". Sometimes, you may click too fast and do the wrong choice..

The first option "Take only for my class" would filter the item the player could take, according on what he can wear (or what's best for him).

Why would there be the second option ? Well, even if this addon could avoid ninja behaviours, I don't think it should restrict the player to take what he wants. Perhaps, in some cases, the player could need this option.

The third option "don't take anything - pass all" is self explanatory, it would pass everthing.

The next options would let the player refine his preferences, depending on the itemlevel.

It's just an idea, I don't know if it's "doable".

Bye.
05-05-11, 03:31 PM   #2
altiara
A Kobold Labourer
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-PassLoot.html
05-05-11, 11:30 PM   #3
Blia
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thank you altiara !
This add-on is just AWESOME.

I just can't believe it has so few downloads.
05-06-11, 12:31 AM   #4
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have some addon code running that steps in if the player is unable to roll need on an item. It decides on what to do depending on a few conditions.
  1. Disenchant - Green Quality
  2. Disenchant - Bind on Pickup
  3. Greed - Default (Bind on Equip/Disenchant unavailable)

Note the code only activates if the player can't need on an item or if the item is of green quality, not a recipe, and player is at max level.
05-06-11, 04:36 AM   #5
AnrDaemon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
I have some addon code running that steps in if the player is unable to roll need on an item. It decides on what to do depending on a few conditions.
  1. Disenchant - Green Quality
  2. Disenchant - Bind on Pickup
  3. Greed - Default (Bind on Equip/Disenchant unavailable)

Note the code only activates if the player can't need on an item or if the item is of green quality, not a recipe, and player is at max level.
PassLoot already allowing this, plus a lot more, including AtlasLoot integration.
05-06-11, 05:17 AM   #6
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I've looked at PassLoot before and it isn't the way I wanted to go with my addon. I wrote my code as a zero-configuration, ready-to-go solution that handles everything the way I designed it to do. Its entire purpose was to specifically handle the trivial Greed/DE rolls so the player could focus more on comparing stats on gear that really matters. At the same time, I'm wary of an addon that can easily be configured to roll need on all items that allow it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Auto Loot Chooser