08-05-10, 12:35 PM   #1
mowzzia
A Murloc Raider
my ui disappears...?

I'm using NUI+ and have been doing so happily for soon to be a year, thanks for a great interface which helps keep my screen unclogged ^^

Now my problem is that since the maintenance yesterday my UI has been disappearing(same way it does if you press alt-z, which I haven't, of course...) this problem seems to be area related but it does not matter if you are dead or not. only difference is if I'm dead it shows only background versus if I am alive it also shows my character. Is there someway to fix this or will I just have to try and avoid problem areas? This happens in western tanaris along the border with Un'goro down past the silithid hive and along the entire Un'goro edge. It's also happened briefly when corpserunning back to ICC and for a moment when flying towards wintergarde keep in dragonblight. The reason I'm listing the areas is that if I run OUT of these areas my UI magically reappears. And yes I could stay away but I'm trying to level mining in these areas and tbh thats painful enough without my UI disappearing so i cant even mount up without a keybinding, lol.

other addons are
NPC_scan with Overlay
Grid
Clique
Omen, Decursive and omen/decursive combining frame mod for NUI
auctioneer
baudbag
atlasloot
carbonite
DBM
SCT & SCTD
PP
postal
acki's recipe list
ratingbuster

(yes this may not be important but ive tried turning them off and I still had the problem hence I think it must be NUI doing something odd)

thanks,
Ena

Last edited by mowzzia : 08-05-10 at 12:40 PM.

08-05-10, 01:58 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hmm, I've never seen this effect but my fiance has noticed his social window disappearing on him but that could be related to his other addons.

We regularly do ICC and we wipe quite a few times on the later fights and I can be seen corpse running several times on our progression nights but I haven't see this effect.

It's possible it is a graphic glitch that happens at a certain point so if you can repeatedly get it to glitch on you following exactly the same path repeatedly and not get it glitch if you follow a different path repeatedly then perhaps a set of coords or screen shots to give us an idea of which path you follow.

Out of that list of addons I only have :
Grid
Omen
Decursive
And that silly combining frame mod that some idiot wrote (rofl)
Atlasloot
DBM

plus of course several other addons that do similar or different tasks for what you include your other addons to do.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

08-05-10, 11:11 PM   #3
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I've had this issue myself. Generally it's after I've been playing for awhile and WoW has had time to accumulate a lot of unnecessary overhead. The UI will disaappear but I will also see tearing in the graphics, and additionally slow texture load times as if my vid cards were overheating or overtaxed.

For example, zoning into Dala via the FP may cause the UI to disappear after having played for awhile, but if I get into the stairway it immediately reappears. Once I head towards the ally inn and get out of the stairwell, I can see half completed textures, walls, lots of black holes where nothing had been rendered etc. Then it will either catch up, or crash the Client to the desktop.

I can say in my case it has to do with the graphics engine, and not nUI in particular. nUI may just be complicating the issue, at least nUI5 that is.

When I get more play time tomorrow, I'll see if I can get my hunter to glitch out with nUI5 again and then also nUI6 to see if there is a difference due to the overhead difference between the two versions.

08-06-10, 11:30 PM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

So after having had the issue the other night, I reduced my view distance in the game settings to approximately half. I've ben running all day long and no more hangups for me using either nUI5+ or nUI6 Alpha.

So in my case at least, the disappearing, tearing, and otherwise odd behavior was being caused by my vid settings which may mean I have further issues with one or both of my cards. Joy, lol.

Hope this helps you out with your issue as well mowzzia.

08-07-10, 09:07 AM   #5
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I'm wondering if Blizz has introduced some kind of throttling in to the video system?

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

08-07-10, 02:10 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I wouldn't be surprised. They had to change something to stop AVR from writing into the 3D world so I am sure some of that stuff interacted with more harmless ( for want of a better term ) addons.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

08-08-10, 03:27 AM   #7
mowzzia
A Murloc Raider
I'll try this and see if it helps. thanks

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » my ui disappears...?