09-17-09, 02:14 PM   #1
captainstewart
A Defias Bandit

WowInterface API / Addon Latest Versions

Hey there. I'd like to say first of all that I'm a huge fan of WowI and come here probably almost every day.

What I'm trying to do is put together a list of highly recommended addons for my guild's website. Now obviously making the list is easy, and adding links to WoWI to download the addons themselves (not leaching) is equally easy. What I would really like to do is be able to list the date an addon was last updated, so my guild could see really easily what they need to update. I'm wondering if there is a way I can get just this information, either out of your database or from the page, in a way that is both lightweight on your servers and legal. (As a professional web designer, I don't believe in stealing content).

What I've been doing is downloading addons and making an archive file every month or so with (what I believe are) the latest versions of these addons, but this has grown cumbersome. I could just troll the list and copy the dates myself, but that isn't a whole lot better. I'm hoping you can help me put a script together to it automatically and save me some time.

Thanks in advance.
09-17-09, 02:30 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You can add the addons for your guild to your Favorites list and then display the RSS feed for your favorites on your website.

/edit: alternately, if you wish to keep going the package download route, you can upload your guild's package to this category: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat103.html - but, then you'd still need to keep it uploaded.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » WowInterface API / Addon Latest Versions