For those of you who use Dreamweaver for editing LUA and XML when creating your AddOns, I have decided to package something that I have been using for some time into an easy to install Dreamweaver Extension. The Extension provides syntax coloring for World of Warcraft LUA files.
- Color Coding for LUA code structure
- World of Warcraft API included as native functions (Global and Widget)
- New Functions are included as they have been announced for version 1.5.0 (still in testing on Test Server)
To Do ---------------
- Add Code Hints for LUA code, to help budding scripters get a handle on how things should be written
- Make code coloring work inside XML files.
Known Issues -----------
- Code Coloring is not available for LUA that is embedded in an XML file. I am experimenting with making this work, and should have this in the next version
- Comments that use the format --[[ comment ]]-- are not currently being color coded. The reason for this is that Dreamweaver uses CDATA entries for most of the code color definitions, and as such you cannot nest ]] inside of a <![CDATA[whatever]]> entry. Looking for ways to make this work, and welcome any suggestions
If you have questions, or find a bug, let me know. This has been something I have used for a couple months and as such is fairly bug free except for what I listed above. Be aware that this extension supports Dreamweaver MX+ (MX and MX2004) and only the windows platform...