07-05-13, 12:34 PM   #1
elals29
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Question Profession addon.. can't remember name!

I used an addon at one time where you could click the item's regents you need to make it and it break it ALLL the way down into what you would need to make the item. Say you was making epic pants and you needed windwool cloth. You'd be able to break it all the down to the nitty gritty of everything you need. I hope this makes sense lol
07-05-13, 01:49 PM   #2
jeruku
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No worries, after all it makes perfect sense. What you're saying is it listed and prepared the items you could make that were required for the selected item. Then you'd hit the create button for each additional item listed.

Skillet that uses it's own stylized window.
Advanced Tradeskill Window, or ATSW for short, attempts to style itself after the default tradeskill window.
Unfortunately these are no longer updated on WoWI but are available via Curse Client. Both of these should have the feature you're looking for. Not sure about ATSW but I know SKillet also includes a "Shopping List" for any items you can't make using your professions.
07-05-13, 07:47 PM   #3
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The only addon I ever knew to break recipes down to the nitty gritty was Killer Monkey's Recipe Tree. Sadly that one has long since been abandoned and no replacement has come along.

Skillet, ATSW and also Gnomeworks, can queue craftable reagents, btu nothign like that old addon.
07-05-13, 09:11 PM   #4
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
The only addon I ever knew to break recipes down to the nitty gritty was Killer Monkey's Recipe Tree. Sadly that one has long since been abandoned and no replacement has come along.

Skillet, ATSW and also Gnomeworks, can queue craftable reagents, btu nothign like that old addon.
Intersting addon especially if you did a lot of crafting for other people.

Last edited by Fizzlemizz : 07-05-13 at 09:19 PM.
07-06-13, 08:48 AM   #5
elals29
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

No it was another name. And it didn't change the crafting UI. You could click the icon and it further break it down to all the components that was needed to make the item. I might still have it on my pc. I think I know the name. I can see the curse page in my head but for the life of me can't rememeber the name lol I've gottten into the habit of where If I stop using an addon, I add it to my curse faves. I'm just being lazy about going through pages and pages of faves I used both the addons you named and it was neither one of them.
07-06-13, 09:50 AM   #6
elals29
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

I FOUND IT! http://www.wowace.com/addons/reagentmaker/. but it needs an update
07-06-13, 04:44 PM   #7
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by elals29 View Post
I FOUND IT! http://www.wowace.com/addons/reagentmaker/. but it needs an update
Have you tried it, enabling out of date addons, and it didn't work? Or are you assuming it needs an update, since it hasn't been updated in a couple years? Just wondering, because one of my fave addons hasn't been updated since 2007, but, as there have been no major interfering changes in the API, it works perfectly. I'm not sure what kind of trade window changes have occurred in the API since that addon was last updated, and I've not tested it myself, but I probably will later, when I get a chance.
07-06-13, 06:33 PM   #8
elals29
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Nynaeve View Post
Have you tried it, enabling out of date addons, and it didn't work? Or are you assuming it needs an update, since it hasn't been updated in a couple years? Just wondering, because one of my fave addons hasn't been updated since 2007, but, as there have been no major interfering changes in the API, it works perfectly. I'm not sure what kind of trade window changes have occurred in the API since that addon was last updated, and I've not tested it myself, but I probably will later, when I get a chance.
oh it's broken and not working. I always enable out of date addons unti it they get updated. And i just spoke to the addon author and he has indeed quit wow. He is looking for someone to take it over if anyone wants to.

Last edited by elals29 : 07-06-13 at 06:34 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Profession addon.. can't remember name!