04-02-09, 10:18 AM   #1
Spectro
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Pals, punks, other features

First of all, is the registration for the Carbonite forums totally broken? o_o

I decided to try out Carbonite since the premium version went free. I had tried Carbonite Quest a while before, but what turned me off is it was really confusing for me and I couldn't figure out what's what. I don't understand the purpose of pals and punks. There are a few other things that I can't think of at the moment. Is there a wiki somewhere that I don't know of? D:

04-02-09, 11:27 AM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Spectro View Post
First of all, is the registration for the Carbonite forums totally broken? o_o

I decided to try out Carbonite since the premium version went free. I had tried Carbonite Quest a while before, but what turned me off is it was really confusing for me and I couldn't figure out what's what. I don't understand the purpose of pals and punks. There are a few other things that I can't think of at the moment. Is there a wiki somewhere that I don't know of? D:
The old CarboniteAddOn forums are closing down as Carbonite has moved over here (as in WoWInterface. It is now a Featured Project here and has its own forums as you have discovered. These forums are now the official Carbonite Forums.

There is an unofficial Carbonite Wiki:

http://carbonite.wikidot.com/

Last edited by Zyonin : 04-02-09 at 11:30 AM.

04-02-09, 02:32 PM   #3
Spectro
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Lykofos View Post
The old CarboniteAddOn forums are closing down as Carbonite has moved over here (as in WoWInterface. It is now a Featured Project here and has its own forums as you have discovered. These forums are now the official Carbonite Forums.

There is an unofficial Carbonite Wiki:

http://carbonite.wikidot.com/
Oh, nice. Now I don't have to bother with registering at another forum. Thanks for the wiki, as well. It seems like Carbonite should have their own, though. o_o

You've been helping me a lot as of late, Lykofos. Thanks.

Last edited by Spectro : 04-02-09 at 02:36 PM.

04-03-09, 02:38 AM   #4
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Spectro View Post
Oh, nice. Now I don't have to bother with registering at another forum. Thanks for the wiki, as well. It seems like Carbonite should have their own, though. o_o

You've been helping me a lot as of late, Lykofos. Thanks.
No problem!

04-04-09, 08:49 AM   #5
g0thicicecream
A Defias Bandit
Punks addon is a warning system to tell you when a hostile player is near. It's pretty much only useful for pvp. A red circle will begin flashing on the minimap in the vacinity of the hostile, whether detected by you or another carbonite user that is in your faction. The punks window will display their name, and one the punks addon determines their class that will also be displayed. You can target the hostile from the punks window.

You will have to still look for the person, carbonite doesn't give you the exact location, it only tells you that a hostile is near you based on any abilities/spells that are picked up by the combat log.

It's invaluable for pvp servers, I love it

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Pals, punks, other features